PDA

View Full Version : The lol of dogs!

plutosnana
05-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Okay after the post Redsoxfan made about his puppy me think about all kinds of funny things our dogs do! What do your dogs do that's funny. Or cute? Or the whole adoption story? I love dogs! So our dog Dutches has six pups as some of you guys know. And some are going home. It's a rough thing. Saying bye to a puppy. But then, I don't have to wake up at 3 AM to clean up poop! :ack: Brownie is our dog and he will get all crazy sometimes. If we go inside after he runs around the house he jumps on the couch runs upstairs and jumps on the couch and does this over and over Dutches is our Diva as I like to call her. She doesn't play but she tries. I think she thinks she is just tooo good to play fetch. But she does play with her puppies. She's a hunting dog also and Dutches found a bird outside while the pups went to the bathroom then the pups chased her and had a nice hunting game. I hear the puppies barking right now! :mickey: Our dog once died when we were in WDW. My Aunt was taking care of her. And before we left we had sandwiches from a restruant...The restruant had wrapped it in tin and our dog likes to eat garbage. Horrible habit! We always tried to stop her. She ate tin foil while my Aunt was gone. Then she fell asleep. My Aunt came to let her out. The other dog Duke went out...and then she called Lady (the other dog who ate tin foil..:blush:) "Come on Lady go outside!" She called. Then she nudged her a bit. She didn't move a muscle. Then my Aunt called us. We just got done swimming and then got dressed. We got the call and felt very sad...:( . I remember going home and I was young when this happened but when I got home, I called for her...nothing came but Duke trying to cheer me with his welcome home face :puppy:. Sorry I make this soo long but dogs are great pals. What about your dog(s)? :pluto::goofy2::pluto:

Disney4us2
05-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Our dog (standard Dachshund) Ginger does a few funny things. When she gets up in the morning she does what I call the seal walk. Her back legs are straight back making them look like seal flippers. Then she walks with her legs back like a seal walks.

One of the other thing our spoiled "queen" does is if my father is sitting on the recliner, Ginger goes to the door to go out. He openes the door for her to go out, she doesn't move a muscle. She then walks away and goes and sits on the chair before my father has a chance to get back there.

JoF
05-21-2010, 03:42 AM
My mum and dad have a yorkshire terrier called Tinkerbell (her actual pedigree name).
She is very cute and has a lot of character. The best thing she does is as my mum is getting ready for bed, Tink makes her way upstairs. When my mum is ready to get into bed, Tink is casually lying on the pillow as if to say "well where are you going to sleep - this is my place".
:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Bella, our yellow lab, will be a year on June 2. We will be having a b'day party for her that will include presents and some Frosty Paws Ice Cream. She is our first puppy and is so good that it's hard to believe she's a lab. She loves to have her yogurt in the morning for b'fast. Lunch consists of snap peas. Yes, she gets puppy food 2x a day. She knows she will be getting ice cubes when you take a glass out of the cabinet. Absolutely loves them. I'll give her a big bowl of water/ice cubes outside and she'll bob for the cubes. Very funny. She is just a delight and loved by all.:paw::puppy:

NewDVCowner
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I adopted my dog, Bailey (a boarder collie/lab mix), on St. Patrick's Day, three years ago from ARF, a no kill shelter that picks up dogs from around California shelters and keeps them until they get adopted. He had been at ARF since December 26th and it still amazes me that he was there for three months! It was definately a case of him picking me. The people that work there brought me into the room he was in with his roommate - to introduce me to his roommate. I sat on the floor and Bailey laid down in my lap and just snuggled the entire time I was there. There was no question, he was going home with me.

He's a great dog, totally a lap dog. He's all about being close to his person and I really think it has something to do with being in a shelter for so long. But the funniest thing he does is when it's time for bed. He ALWAYS goes and picks out one of his toys to bring to bed with me. I'll come into the room and he's already got his place staked (sometimes I need to push him off the pillow) and he's laying there with his head resting on which ever toy was his chosen one for the night. :dog:

donaldsgal
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
we have a 4-6 year old yellow lab her name is lucy and we got her from my grandma who lives in Idaho and she sent her to us and she is a happy fun loving moose of a pup:mickey:

O my gosh my b-day is tomorrow:party:

DisneyDog
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
These days I have a 3 year old Bichon/Poodle mix. She is a rescue, very cute and affectionate with a lot of energy.

Previously, I had 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis. One of them, Sneakers, had the best personality. He was incredibly smart -- scary smart. If you told him to "go upstairs, get your bone and bring it downstairs," he would take off up the stairs and do exactly what you asked. I swear, he understood every word I said to him.

The funniest/strangest Sneakers story was about the bone in the drawer. I was in the downstairs bathroom, across the hall from the master bedroom. My DH was upstairs getting ready. We used to have bedroom furniture without drawer pulls. You had to put your hand underneath, inside a slot and pull the drawer open with your fingers. Not always easy for a human. Well, I heard one of those drawers open and shut. I assumed my DH was in the bedroom. Then, 10 minutes later, he came downstairs to get dressed for work! He opens up his drawer and says "how did THIS get in here?" He shows me a Nylabone!! Somehow, that dog opened up the drawer and stashed his bone in there! 10 years later, I still can't figure out how he did it!

Another Sneakers story...my DH was home for lunch and heated up some pasta. He left it on the kitchen table and left the room. When he came back, Sneakers was sitting in his chair, with a piece of pasta hanging out of his mouth! Oh, I didn't mention that the chairs were on wheels. He managed to jump up and not move the chair at all, just to get to that pasta.

He was the best dog, and my best friend.

RedSoxFan
05-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Your story about Sneakers made me laugh. Very funny dog.

DisneyDog
05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh, there are more Sneakers stories, believe me! I could go on for hours telling stories about that dog. At least I have tons of memories to last me a lifetime :)

Ed
05-28-2010, 11:16 AM
The furry resident of this home, who graciously allows us to live with him, tells us "Hello" when we return home. It's something like a big yawn, but it really sounds like "Hello" when he does it. :dog:

And if you tell him "Momma's got to go to work", he makes a beeline to his crate. But if you tell him "Pop's got to go to work", he runs and hides in the bedroom closet. :shrug:

Now, if I could just get him to mow the lawn... :mow:

Lizzy
05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
I have 2 shelties right now. Princess who is a tricolor and her son Tony who is a blue merle.

I have had shelties all my life and have never had one that I would consider "normal" They are the quirkiest dogs I have ever met.

Princess, will bark at whatever tone or song I have on my phone for a text message. She ignores it if it rings, but if I get a text she goes crazy. :confused:

Tony is the most obedient dog I have ever had but he is also the dumbest. He cannot think for himself. He will follow whatever command you give him but that's the extent of his thinking ability. He tried to get into the car one day, only I never even opened the car door. He jumped straight into it and smashed his head.

We got a new dog door and my roomate and I spent a good 3 hours teaching the dogs how to use it. Princess and Allie (roomates little mix dog) took 2 times and understood. Tony took a little longer (this is where the 3 hours came in) My roomate was on one side and I was on the other and we just kept pushing him through. Finally, when we think we got it, we put Tony's treats outside, and what did he do? Tried to walk through the wall next to the dog door instead. :shake:

When I was younger, we had a group of about 6 shelties. We ordered pizza one night and set it on the table. When we came back, my Bonnie was up on the table. Each dog on the floor had their own slice of pizza and Bonnie was digging into the rest. She had fed the other dogs then fed herself! Bonnie was also only 6 months old at the time.

Bonnie was my baby, I miss her terribly. She did so many smart and crazy things in her life. But she was always there when I needed her. I will never forget her.

jrkcr
06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
I went to the pound to get a lap dog-something I could dress up and carry around. I had a fear of big dogs.
But Baby picked me. Baby is my 80 pound black lab/shepard mix from the no kill shelter in Reno Nv. She is older, and is loosing her vision(cataracts). But she is such a GREAT dog!

She whines ALOT. Like she maybe is trying to hum? She can say "I Love You", and "I Wanna".

But the funny thing is she can say "mama" and sounds just like my 10 year old DD!! I have actually mistaken them for each other(voices, not visually). Crazy!! And our laundry room is down in our (creepy) basement, and Baby REALLY scared me by moaning from the top of the stairs while I was loading the dryer...

If left home alone, she does the binge/purge. Oatmeal, paper, Irish Spring soap....anything!
Which is why I never leave her home alone!

Baby is best friends and sleeps with Merlin-a cat.

Mickey'sGirl
06-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Don't get me going!!

I had a mutt-dog growing up named Muffin. She discovered she could sing while we were watching "Wuthering Heights" on TV one night. Howled when Catherine crossed the moors calling to Heathcliff...Anytime we said "Heathcliff" from then on in, she would sing us a song.

I had another mutt-dog later on named Marnie. Marnie was the smartest dog I have ever met ... and she was wild. She ate the underpad from under my parent's Persian rug, without damaging the rug. She removed little photographs that my mom had in little frames of all of our pets (we had 3 dogs and 3 cats), without damaging the photos. She would also pick up coins from the ground and give them to you.

My old doggie Rory (who just passed away last week) was a model citizen until we adopted a Greyhound. Seamus (the Greyhound) had never been in a house before, but quickly discovered that he could rest his head on the table or a counter or anything else he wanted to, and acquire all kinds of fabulous things to eat. Rory decided that Seamus shouldn't have all the luck, and took up counter surfing. Nothing edible has been left on our counters or tables for years! Just last fall, I had baked some chocolate chip cookies, and put them in a Rubbermaid container in the middle of our island (not accessible to Rory). Well he got em. Took the lid off the container and ate every last one of those cookies without damaging the Rubbermaid. We came home to a doggie with a very distended belly ... which he eventually evacuated all over me and my bed at 4 in the morning. It was disgusting, but oh so very Rory.

Our now solo-doggy, Tate sings. Even better than old Muff did. I come home and he comes to greet me with "Moooommma". And I tell him "I love you" and he says it back to me. And if I purse my lips and raise my head into the air, he will sing like an angel ....

Gotta love dogs!

McLiberal8
06-17-2010, 01:01 PM
I worked at the local Humane Society for 3 years. One day, a woman was carrying in the most beautiful puppy I had ever seen - he was a boxer/pit mix. She said that her bf had just dumped the puppy with her and left town, leaving her with the puppy plus 3 kids. She couldn't take care of him.
He walked over to me, I nelt down, and he gave me a big puppy hug with his giant paws.
I fell in love.
He is a year now, his name is Toby. He is the best dog I have ever had - he is a true ambassador for his breed, greeting every person and dog with a wagging tail and lolling tongue. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes, and sandlewood fur.
Yay for shelter dogs!

plutosnana
06-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Mickey'sGirl I have 2 things, #1 Sorry for the death of your dog... #2 Is the story of Rory reminded me of my dog Brownie. He used to team up with my brother, when my brother was 2 he was hungry for cupcakes. Who wouldn't be. So my mom put a container on the counter and my brother knocked down the container Brownie and my brother opened it and ate all the cupcakes. What was funny was that both of them only ate the frosting!

Jeri Lynn
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I have a dog Riley, he is 11 years old. He is 3/4 border collie and 1/4 shepherd. He is the best dog. He knows how to open our door to go outside and then knows how to come back inside.

He has been in our 3 daughters senior pictures and in a couple weeks will be going for his final senior picture with our son.

He loves boat rides and when we had a sea-doo he would ride on that. He will also ride on our snowmobiles with the kids. He is getting older now and although he is still active, he also enjoys his resting time.

Last week he got sprayed by a skunk and despite my best efforts he still smells some and he is not happy about it...he also has not be happy about the multiple baths he has been given.

He is the best dog and everyone loves Riley.

Niecyboo
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
We have 2 dogs right now. Parker, an old Pug-Poodle mix and Chase, a young Lab-its-anyone's-guess mix (by his size we're thinking Great Dane or possible Moose). Chase grew up looking up to the little dog, and thinks he's a lap dog too. He will try to climb on your lap, even though he's over 100 lbs. His tail even curls up over his back, like a pug's. Not knowing his mix, we don't know if that is natural or learned.

The funniest thing Chase does though, is his snoring. When he first goes to sleep, he makes what sounds like a human snoring noise when he breath in, but when he breaths out he actually says "woof, woof, woof." It sounds like a mix between a person saying the word "woof," and Moe from the Three Stooges. I need to get it on tape one of these days, but of course he only does it when there is no video camera nearby, and he wakes up if you move.

IloveDisney71
06-24-2010, 09:57 PM
We have a "pound puppy" that's what we call our baby that we rescued from a shelter. Her name is Roxie. She is so funny sometimes when she gets tired she fights it and won't just lay down. She'll sit and her eyes will close and her head will start bobbing up and down until it jerks her awake. She'll do this about 4 or 5 times until she finally just gives up and lays down. It's like she's afraid if she goes asleep she might miss something! :D

Katzateer
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
We have a golden mix that is a rescue - his name is Kringle. He is a big dog and a lot of fun but I can't take him for walks. He can get out of every leash, harness, I have tryed on him.

Our Sheltie Shadow is the most hyper dog-she barks and runs in circles when she gets excited. A few weeks ago she was in the kitchen and was doing her "sheltie dance". Somehow she hit the cabinet and looked just like "cow tipping". She hit the cabinet while running in her fast circles, got a stunned look on her face, her legs went straight and she tipped and fell on the floor on her side. She got up after a couple of seconds, looked embarrassed and started running in circles again.