PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

bouncer
05-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I usually can hold my own in the WDW travel planning department but this time I really need some advice. Our trip dates are Dec 3-7, 2010 (that's Friday to Tuesday). We'll arrive MCO about 11:30 and most likely take a town car to Poly.

What I need help with is how to fit everything in when MK will close for MVMCP on the 3 & 5th as well as Saturday the 4th taping of the Christmas Day Parade!! I know that I want to do a dinner Candlelight Processional and I have to get to Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. Is it worth the price of admission to go to the MVMCP? Do I skip parks on our arrival day to go see the resort decorations? Our departure is not until 5:30 on Tuesday.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts here--the ADR date is fast approaching and I still don't know where I'll be and when to schedule meals (not that many since we are staying club level but we'll need a few) :listen: :thanks:

faline
05-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I might opt to do a Mickey's party on your arrival day. You can get into the park around 4 on the party ticket. The party is lots of fun and, if you buy party tickets for this day, you won't need park tickets. A real bonus will be if your room is ready when you arrive so you can nap before the party.

I would definitely plan on seeing the Osborne lights and doing the Candlelight Processional! Both are well worth it!

eeyorepoohfan
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Your dates are very similar to the ones we did last year! We did Thurs-Tues (Dec 10-15th). We did not do the MVMCP, but they also weren't shooting the parade either. I might lean towards doing the party (if you chose to attend) on your arrival day, since you know you will be in town with plenty of time to spare. And like the pp said, you won't have to get a park ticket if you wait until after 4PM. You could always check out resort decorations before you head over to the party!

Make sure you see the Osborne lights and the Candelight Processional!!! The lights are amazing and gave me chills! We did not arrive early enough to sit and watch the Candlelight Processional. So if you want to sit and watch, be sure to be there VERY early! There are usually a couple of shows each night. The sun is still up with the early show, so the candlelight won't be as prominent, but still amazing to hear! When we were there, we resort hopped the Monorail resorts on our arrival day (we arrived mid-afternoon) and didn't go to a park. We checked out the EPCOT resorts when visiting EPCOT, we left through the back entrance during our World Showcase loop. When we were done at the resorts, we went in the back entrance again and finished our loop! On our last day at WDW our flight left at 6PM. So we went to MK for the AM to catch a few rides and lunch. We went back to our hotel, POP, and wandered around taking pics until ME picked us up. You will have a fantastic time, I love Christmas time at WDW!!! Hope this helps! It worked well for us! I am considering attending MVMCP the next time we go!

Fastpasssteve
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Good job, Faline, that is good advise. Since the Chrismas Party in the MK is a hard-ticketed event, it doesn't count as a 'day in the park' on your Magic Your Way Ticket. I'm doing a similar thing with the Halloween party. Best of luck trying to get ADR's in the parks. Be sure to call on your 180th day out from your trip!