PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare Pin Question

sbwillie
05-20-2010, 07:18 PM
A couple of weeks ago we got our first pin (20% off Mods etc, Nov - Dec). It was e-mail to our home. About 10 days later, I go to to retrieve/relook at the e-mail to then call Disney and it is nowhere to be found, not inbox, not trash/deleted or spam. Both my wife and I had seen it when it first came. I know I did not delete it, and if accidentally, did not permanently delete. My wife does not know how to delete (her words), let alone the two step delete process, so really doubt she did.

Two questions, can a pin e-mail disappear/ :blush:be recalled if you don't act on it (i'm doubting it)? and if you do not have it anymore, can you call Disney and give your e-mail address and/or phone and they'll be able to see that you got one (doubting that too)

Thanks - I think it went into bizarro world.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I've never had one disappear but I have deleted them accidentally. You should be able to call Disney reservations and have them track it down for you. Sometimes you can call and they will have you listed as having a pin code that you never received in your email.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Technology can do interesting things sometimes, can't it?

Don't worry though, give Disney a call, and ask them to see if a pin code is associated with you. They will be able to find it an apply it to your reservation.

sbwillie
05-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion to call them, we will!

#1donaldfan
05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
....don't forget to ask if a pin is in "either" of your names.....sometimes there may be one in "his" and not "hers".....etc....:mickey:

sbwillie
05-31-2010, 12:53 PM
called disney, no record of a e-mail pin associated with our names or e-mail address. Still very strange. Did get a different pin two weeks later, but not good when we want in (week of Thanksgiving) The pin discount we lost somehow would have given us a 20% discount Nov 21, 22, 23rd. Oh well. Maybe get something later (sigh)

TikiLounger
06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
This IS a strange situation. One thing I've learned about pin codes on these boards is that they seem to be handed out with no rhyme or reason. I'm happy to say that my next trip (in 14 days!) was booked with a pin code. We did have to call and do some talking because the code came to our address but was in the name of a "random" guest we took (and paid for) with us a couple of years ago. We're still getting Disney credit card offers in this person's name (and the name of someone else who came on a different trip with us last year) on a regular basis. There's some sort of marketing thing going on here, just can't pinpoint what it is! Anyway, I hope you get another one that you can use. It must stink to know you had one, and now you don't. Sorry about that. One thing is certain...you'll have a great time on your trip, pin code...or no pin code!