PDA

View Full Version : Switching between DVC resorts

BlizzardBeachBum
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM
My family and I are heading down to WDW this November and are currently staying at Kidani Village. I'd like to split our time between Kidani and BLT (my home resort) and have been placed on a waiting list. My question is if we manage to secure a room at BLT and end up splitting our stay between the two resorts, how do we transfer the contents of our refrigerator from one resort to another? Does disney provide any type of service to help with this? If so, what does it cost? Also, would it cover both refridgerated and frozen items??

Thanks in advance!

dlpmikki
05-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Not sure about frozen stuff but bell services are great at transferring stuff from the fridge. You just get all your bags and other stuff together and get bell services to collect from kidani and then it will arrive at BLT in the afternoon sometime. They usually have a fridge to keep cool stuff in at bell services but as I said, not sure about frozen.

seanyred
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
My family and I are heading down to WDW this November and are currently staying at Kidani Village. I'd like to split our time between Kidani and BLT (my home resort) and have been placed on a waiting list. My question is if we manage to secure a room at BLT and end up splitting our stay between the two resorts, how do we transfer the contents of our refrigerator from one resort to another? Does disney provide any type of service to help with this? If so, what does it cost? Also, would it cover both refridgerated and frozen items??

Thanks in advance!

We did this in March and it was very easy. As already stated just get your items together and then call bell service. After they pick up your bags your free to go to the parks. When you arrive at next resort check-in with bell service to have your belonging brought to your room.

As for cost the service is free. I did tip bell service at both resorts. But I think the tips were well worth it

MinnieMommie
06-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I was skeptical the first time I tried this but went ahead on the advice from the intercotees who had success transferring food and I have to say it was a breeze. I have done the split stays a few times and have had absolutely no problem with food. They make it so easy. Bell services is well equipped to manage food transfer. I would not hesitate to use this free service. :mickey: