PDA

View Full Version : CBR or CS?

mickeyman42
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Just wondering which resort people think is better/easier for walking CBR or CS? we (me, DW, DD8 and DD4) usually get up, grab a quick CS breakfast at the resort, and head off to the parks via disney buses, so I was wondering which of these two resorts would you think is easier to do this? we have only ever stayed at the ASMu resort in the past and find that the kids are usually tired of walking at the end of the day. I know both places are large, but was thinking that one may be better laid out than the other for this, thanks a lot

buzz2001
05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I'd recommend CSR because it still has many deluxe amenities like queen beds, 32" lcd tv's, fitness center, spa, salon, and a dance club.

It also has the best transportation of all the mods and the quickest rides to all 4 parks.

Superzeus84
05-19-2010, 07:50 PM
DEF. Coronado.

We stayed at CBR this past February and enjoyed our stay, however it cant compare to CSR in my opinion.

Coronado perks..
1. Queen beds come standard
2. Awesome pool theme
3. Wonderful theme

The only thing I dont really like is the pepper market, its just not my thing.

Pirate Granny
05-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll be the spoiled sport...if you want quick access to the counter service food court and buses then French Quarter is the way to go...only one bus stop...always the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off...and the bus stop is similarly placed like the values. CBR and CSR have a loop and you can be VERY far from the counter service food court (actually may have to take a bus there) and I've stayed at all three, and the walk can be longer than at the values...if the food court is the deal breaker...I'd go with FQ.
:pirate:

Melanie
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I love them both!!! Miles ahead of both PO resorts for me. The only thing that tips the scale IMO towards CS is the queen beds. That's a nice perk.

Darbylew
05-19-2010, 08:55 PM
We like CBR over CS but that is just our opnion
but I think either place you stay will be fine for
you. Just being in the land of Mickey and the
Magic is enough for us!!!! :mickey:
Just got back and going back in October! :D

Fastpasssteve
05-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I must admit I'm a sucker for the Queen beds at Coronado Springs.

Great Pool. It's all about getting a room close to the main building. If you can't get one close to the main dining area, get one close to one of the bus stops. The buses cycle around the resort. If you can figure out which way they go (or ask the driver) they can tell you which ones will stop at the food court. Then, at the end of the day, you'll be close to your room from the bus stop.

jkjs
05-20-2010, 02:10 AM
If quick in & out of the food court is important for you then between those two it's CBR hands down. I too do not like the Pepper Mill, you wait to be seated & they charge a 10% surcharge for the gesture.

Now if you're open to suggestions I agree that POFQ is best by far for size & bus service. In fact for us it's the best mod all around with POR second then CBR followed by CS.

Have a wonderful time whatever you choose.

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Both are large resorts with a layout that is loop-based, but I think Coronado Springs is easier to understand. And I've always disliked that the Caribbean Beach Customs House (where you check in) is in a completely different area than the rest of the public buildings. Plus Coronado Springs rooms just look a little more upscale,which tips the scales even more in its favor, IMO.

MushuGrl
05-23-2010, 01:53 AM
I've stayed at both, and I personally thought CSR was better laid out. We were in the Ranchos section, furthest from the food court, and never got tired of the walk, and never got lost getting back to our room. It took me until the end of the week to get to our room at CBR without using the map.

AllDisney
05-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Have been to both resorts & we favor CSR. Like the layout of the resort and we do like the Pepper Market:thumbsup:

Hope this helps~

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
We've stayed at both and really enjoyed both. I'm not sure how I'd answer your specific question, but here is one thing to consider. What we did not like about CSR is that the main pool and the food court/gift shop were not near each other. When we stayed at CBR many times we'd get our food at the foodcourt then walk right out to the main pool to enjoy our meal and let the kids swim. I do believe there was a limited selection of foods at the pool bar at CSR, although I'm not 100% sure of that as we never ordered food from the pool bar. I just felt that CBR was easier in that sense. So if you are "hang out by the pool often" kind of people you may prefer the setup of CBR. We may be going back to WDW in a few weeks, but can't make reservations just yet since we don't have firm dates. We are looking at all options of resorts since we don't know what will be available. When looking at the mods, as a family, we decided that we'd go back to CBR over CSR, mainly for the reason I mentioned above. As far as the walking, we thought both resorts required lots of walking, but since we do tons of walking in the parks it didn't bother us much. Lots of walking is just park of a WDW vacation. Good luck with your decision.

buzz2001
05-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Yes, you can order food poolside and it is included in the DDP.

huslovesthemouse
05-30-2010, 06:28 AM
I like CBR better but if you want a short walk I'd request the Trinidad North building - it's right next to everything. If they put you in say Trinidad South you will have to take the internal bus just to get a quick bite for breakfast that's how far away it is. But I have to agree with some that for what you're looking for POFQ is hard to beat.

DizneyRox
05-30-2010, 07:17 AM
I am confused by better/easier for walking... If you want to keep walking to a minimum, then Coronado Springs is not for you. I don't care much for the resort, and the food court and even bus stops can be a hike.

I liked the theming of Caribbean Beach better, however I agree with folks about Port Orleans. It the best mod for convenience, IMHO.

RAIDER
06-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Never been to to CS but been to CBR a few times
The reason why we loved the CBR was the tropical atmosphere of the resort ,the colour the private pools and the food hall is great as well :number1: