PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Discounts

Gator
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
So here's the problem: my wife wants to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary which is in 2012. I know that doesn't sound like a problem, but it is when I'd rather go to WDW. Plus, I don't want to take kids to an adult vacation, which I think Hawaii is mostly.

My question is, do they offer discounts at the Poly like they do at other resort? I usually stay at Mods, so that's what I'm familiar with. I know that POFQ never has a discount and I was wondering if Poly is like that. Thanks for the help. Get me back to WDW!

Strmchsr
05-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Definitely. In fact, POFQ does too. I got a 35% discount on our package at POFQ a couple of weeks ago. It depends on what level you're wanting to stay at, but all resorts have discounts on some of the rooms. I don't know for sure if, say, concierge rooms are discounted, but some rooms at Poly are.

Polynesian Dweller
05-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't know for sure if, say, concierge rooms are discounted, but some rooms at Poly are.

I've never seen a discount for concierge at the Poly. Would love one. There have been other discounts at the Poly but so often it seems that the Poly is not one of the 'select deluxe' resorts on the list. AKL and WL seem to almost always be the select deluxes.

TammiMcMan
05-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I've had pin code discounts of up to 40% used on concierge rooms, so it does happen. I think you have to be pretty quick to book one though, as I'm sure they don't open too many up to those discounts.

Gator, if you haven't been able to get discounts on your own, you may want to try using Magical Journeys to book your next WDW trip. They're great at researching and applying discounts to save you money :thumbsup: .

ILoveLegos
05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
So here's the problem: my wife wants to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary which is in 2012. I know that doesn't sound like a problem, but it is when I'd rather go to WDW. Plus, I don't want to take kids to an adult vacation, which I think Hawaii is mostly.

I am a Hawaiian "Cousin" and I know Hawaii is a great place for kids!!!
:lei::yay:

sisterdisco
05-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Just got a 40% off discount for the Poly in Sept. :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
just something to mention......we never seem to know for 100% when and what discounts will be offered.....2012 is a ways off and who knows what discounts, if any will be offered -- as many people say on here, don't count on them and if they happen, be happy!

That said....it seems that discounts are taking patterns the last few years, especially the free dining.

Polynesian Dweller
05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
I've had pin code discounts of up to 40% used on concierge rooms, so it does happen. I think you have to be pretty quick to book one though, as I'm sure they don't open too many up to those discounts.

So there's hope yet! Never received a pin for that but would definitely use it. Thanks for the info.

Niecyboo
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
If you can't talk her out of Hawaii, there is also the option of the new Disney resort opening in Hawaii in 2011! It will be very kid friendly, from what I have seen so far.

Tink1
05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I've never seen a discount for concierge at the Poly. Would love one. There have been other discounts at the Poly but so often it seems that the Poly is not one of the 'select deluxe' resorts on the list. AKL and WL seem to almost always be the select deluxes.

There are discounts at the concierge level at Polynesian (AP, general public, PIN etc) You just have to be able to grab them fast when it opens since there are limited rooms.

Nanc

minnie-mouse
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
If you don't want to go to Hawaii, the Poly is the next best thing. truly, you feel like you are in Hawaii. You can do the luau and adult activities and have tons for the kids to do. You can't beat it in my opinion. We just spent our 10th anniversary there and it was amazing!!!