PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point, Whispering Canyon, or Wolfgang Puck Cafe

jenperich
05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
We usually spend our first night doing some shopping at DTD. After deciding on WCC(I couldn't decide between Artist Point and WCC) for our first night(we're staying one night @ WL), my husband had told me that he'd rather eat at DTD. Well there are only two restaurants that are on the dining plan that we want to eat at - Raglan Road and WPC - and we've already done RR.

So...would you choose Artist Point, WCC, or Wolfgang Puck Cafe? Please help! Thanks.

WishingStar2006
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Personally, I would go with Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I ALWAYS stay at Wilderness Lodge and if you haven't stayed therebefore you may not want the hassle of goin to DTD...long bus ride!!! With that said, Artisit Pointe is a 2 TS restaurant and although it get's rave reviews here on Intercot, I ate there twice during my recent trip and I was not overly impressed with the food or the service. WCC is ok, at best, in my opinion. It can be loud but is a great spot if you have children. They are most known for the "skillet" which is a family style dinner with chicken, ribs, etc. but not the greatest...again, just my opinion.

If your intent is to eat without going into a park but don't want the hassle of a bus ride to DTD...why not take the boat tothe Contemporary and then the monorail to the Poly for Kona Cafe or O'Hana's (both just 1 TS meal) or the Grand Floridian at the Grand Floridian Cafe...GREAT FOOD and nice atmosphere. If you want to splurge with using 2 TS credits, I would definitely recommend Narcosees....FABULOUS!!!!

MonoMan
05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
If you've never tried Artist Point - you should seriously consider it. We've always had an amazing experience there and the food is wonderful. I definitely think it is worth the two dining credits. The smokey portobello soup is fantastic.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Wolfgang Pucks Cafe, we always go to DTD the day we arrive and eat there.

Fastpasssteve
05-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Perhaps you could supply more information: Who is going on this trip? Their ages? Is there a special ocassion you're celebrating?

Artist Point if you're wanting a romantic or nice, quiet dinner. The Salmon is great, as is the berry cobbler for dessert.

If you're looking for a family friendly fun time, then go to Whispering Canyon.

If you want a taste of the night life and want to get out of the resort, go to DTD and go to Wolfgang Puck Espress. I have eaten there three times with friends and all of us have been more than satisfied with everything. But that didn't stop us from going to Ghirardelli's Soda Shop while we were strolling through DTD!

jenperich
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks Steve...I will supply more information. It'll be me(28), DH(28), and DMIL(50's). We will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary - not that day. After our one night at WL, we will be going to our new "home" at BLT. I personally was hoping to go to DTD and get Ghiradelli's for lunch and then do a late dinner at AP. We already have ADRs at Kona, Ohana's, GFC, and Narcoossee's.

On a side note, how long is the bus ride from WL to DTD? Would it be better to go to DTD from BLT? Thanks all!

Jillirose
05-22-2010, 09:42 PM
We love Wolfgang Pucks. :thumbsup: