PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a box out to my Resort?

mymickey
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
We will be leaving for Disney on June 3 and staying til June 9. How far in advance do I need to ship my box full of goodies to my resort? Is there a preferred carrier to ship with from personal experience? I've seen this topic before, but can't find the answers now. Need Help???? Thanks.:confused:

mymickey
05-19-2010, 02:04 PM
We will be staying at the ASMo if that makes a difference?

Strmchsr
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Ship 3-4 days in advance. It's generally better to go with UPS or Fed Ex then you'll know exactly when your package will arrive.

wdwnutz
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I shipped a package to myself at CB last November with no problems. I shipped it via UPS. Address it to yourself (actually the name your reservation is in) c/o the resort name and address. In the lower left hand corner I put my arrival date. When we arrived at the resort I let them know that we had a package waiting for us. I shipped it about 10 days before our arrival.

Belster
05-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I ship around 2 boxes each time we travel to WDW. I always send it UPS about 10 days before we leave. That gives me time to call to confirm it has arrived.

This last stay I had a few extra items and I sent those in the flat rate USPS boxes...they got there just fine.

Checkers
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
:mickey:Just arrived home on Sun. and shipped a large box to BCVs via UPS. We were arriving on Sat., 5/8 and I shipped the box on Mon., 5/3 and it was waiting for me at the convention center when I arrived. There was a $10 charge but Bell Services delivered it to our room along with our Owner's Locker. I labeled it on all 4 sides with my name, BCVs, reservation #, arrival date, and the address of the resort.