PDA

View Full Version : How much is MVMCP?

merrymouse
05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know how much it costs to attend this event? Is it worth it? I hear its expensive. My kids will be 8, 12 and 14 when we go. We are traveling with 3 other families with kids of similar age also. For those of you who have been there before, what did you love/hate about it. thanks

disneymom15
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
On the Disney site-
adult reg price $59.95 discount price $53.95
child reg price $53.95 discount price $47.95
We've never done the christmas party, but have done the halloween party. It's alot of fun. You are allowed to enter the park at (I believe) 3:00 on the day of the party.

KylesMom
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Here's an internal link with more information: MVMCP (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp)

mickeyman42
05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
how much? too much. Thought we would love it but found it to be EVERYONE waiting around for shows, parade and fireworks all night. We do not like to camp out for shows, etc and found that since everyone wants to experience the party only stuff (no one paid extra for shorter wait times on rides, but for the party specific things) that thats all everyone was doing. would never do it again

Harriet
05-21-2010, 01:18 PM
On the Disney site-
adult reg price $59.95 discount price $53.95
child reg price $53.95 discount price $47.95
We've never done the christmas party, but have done the halloween party. It's alot of fun. You are allowed to enter the park at (I believe) 3:00 on the day of the party.

You are allowed into the park at 4PM not 3PM with your MVMCP ticket. I have done this twice now and will do it again this year if all goes well. Already have my ticket.

ANG
05-21-2010, 08:13 PM
We've never done the christmas party, but have done the halloween party.

Ditto

The Halloween party was okay, but nothing awesome. It's something we wanted to do at least once.

We're attending the Xmas party this year. No huge expectations.

PetefromRI
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I just got my tix about 2 weeks ago while we were down there.I'm really excited about it since we've never been to the party before and we've never been there in early December.I'm hoping it should be a bit cooler than it was during the first week of May this year.

DizneyRox
05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
MNNSHP is bar none the best after hours party Disney offers. If there are several during your trip, I suggest popele go to more than one.

MVMCP is good, but not even close to the Halloween Party.

The problem with the Halloween Party is, that's all there is to do that time of year. At christmas however, ther entire resort is celebrating. Because of that, xmas is my favorite time to go

bjb1124
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Our family loves it. We went to one of the first ones back in the early 90's. To walk down Main Street and feel the Magic on your face and watch grown ups look up in wonder at the magic all around. The kids take it all in stride but it's the adults that have that first sense of wonder as they walk in. We always wait until dark to get that first glimpse of the park. Is it worth it, we think so. Last time, 3 years ago, we didn't do very much because we were exhausted, so it was a little disappointing, but that was our fault, not MVMCP.

disneylovinmom
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought is was worth the money. We didn't have to wait to ride rides and it was alot less crowded. We walked right on the Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan rides, which during the day we could never even ride because of long lines. We even got to dance with the characters at their dance parties. The only thing we "camped out" for was the parade and we had done everything we had wanted to do more than once by that time. That parade was really great. Christmas time is the best time to go. It is just all so beautiful.