PDA

View Full Version : Which is you r favorite signature restaurant and why?

DisneyHoneymooners
05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Which signature restaurant is your favorite and why? Mine is Narcossee's, its always our last meal and my DW and I have a late romantic meal to close out our trip. Its a little more quite around 9:30 or 10:00 and the food is always great.

SBETigg
05-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I love Narcoossee's. It's my second favorite. My favorite is actually California Grill, for the breathtaking views and I've always had excellent food and service. But Narcoossee's has a quieter, more intimate sort of vibe. I love them both.

I've also tried Flying Fish, Citricos, Jiko, and Hollywood Brown Derby. With the exception of Brown Derby (which isn't bad, just not quite up to par with the others), they have all been excellent and I would recommend them. I still need to try Yachstsman's Steakhouse, Artist Point, and I haven't been back to Bistro de Paris in years but want to return.

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I love the California Grill. Everything is so lovingly prepared and arrives with perfect timing. The view is so lovely, especially the view of the castle after the fireworks with the shifting colors. And we finish with the Valhrona Chocolate Cake...yum.

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Definitely Narcoossee's. We always seem to have the best meals and service there (Tom is the greatest...never lets us leave without a goodie bag of desserts, Mickey straws and pressed coffee to go).

Second is Cali Grill. Again, awesome food and service, but Narc's is tops for us.

wdw dude
05-18-2010, 03:51 PM
So far, my favorite signature restaurant is Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Each and every time I've been there it has been superb. Although I do wish it had a better dessert selection. (Does Victoria & Albert's count? That's in a league all its own. :cloud9: That was quite an experience.) I also really liked the Yachtsman Steakhouse the first time I went. The second time was not quite the same.

Still need to try Narcoossee's.

:mickey:

SBETigg
05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Victoria and Albert's is kind of in a league of its own. Really, Bistro de Paris is almost right up there. They don't accept dining plan credits at either one, though V & A's is the more special experience of the two.

I do need to try Artist Point! We had friends who really hated it, so I've had a hard time convincing the DH to give it a shot.

Disney Yankee
05-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Cali Grill for the spectacular views:cloud9: and delicious food!!! :mickey:

EpcotNut
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I love the California Grill. Everything is so lovingly prepared and arrives with perfect timing. The view is so lovely, especially the view of the castle after the fireworks with the shifting colors. And we finish with the Valhrona Chocolate Cake...yum.

Word for word - exactly my thoughts!:thumbsup:

DisneyDoug2
05-19-2010, 11:21 AM
We have two favorites that we alternate between when we go, the first is the Cali Grill, great views, a nice wine list, and good sushi, the second is the Yachtsmen’s Steak House, great steaks and terrific wine list.

diz_girl
05-19-2010, 11:22 AM
The only Signature Dining restaurant that I've eaten at in the past decade has been Narcoossee's. We loved it so much the first time, that we ate there on our following trip. It has excellent food and service, a relaxed setting and we were also able to view Wishes both times.

We have eaten at Cali Grill, but that was in '97. Great view, great food, but noisy.

I hope to try Jiko or Flying Fish next trip.

renecat
05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Atrist Point at the WL. Love the mushroom soup and the bison steak is wonderful. They also have scallopes that are very good. They serve a cocktail called an antioxidant that I fell in love with last year.

c&d
05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Artist Point. We've always had good food and service and we never feel really crowded in at the restaurant. Maybe the tables are a little further apart but it seems more spacious.

My next would be Narcoossee's.

jenperich
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Our favorite is Narcoossee's. It is such a wonderful experience from beginning to end. First of all, the service is fantastic! Our waiter made the fact that we were celebrating our engagement extra special. He made sure that the arrival of our food was perfectly timed around us watching Wishes from the porch. Secondly, the food was wonderful! SO, SO, SO, SO GOOD!!! Thirdly, the surroundings are just so relaxing and so magical. Being right on the water and the low lighting just make it so romantic. Absolutely LOVELY!

With that being said, my two VERY close seconds are Artist Point and California Grill. This trip we're doing Jiko, Brown Derby, Narcoossee's, and (maybe) Artist Point. So, maybe I'll have a new favorite.

LandFan
05-19-2010, 02:53 PM
JIKO! We love it there. The ambiance is great with the "sunset". The food is wonderful too.

Personally, we didn't think very much of Cali Grill - the food I got was cold and not very tasty and the waiter was very inattentive. The view of the fireworks was OK, but it is still pretty far away.

Artist's Point is good but we live in PA and have bison readily available so their food was pretty "normal" stuff for us. Good but nothing new.

We would like to try V&A sometime - especially the Captain's table:cloud9:

Polynesian Dweller
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Easily Narcoossee's for us. Have yet to have less than a great experience there and it is definitely quieter than the Cali Grill. And, if you have to wait its porch over the water is the best waiting area in WDW IMHO.

Second would be the Cali Grill for the reasons others have said.

Loweschevy
05-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Our's is Citricos. We have always had great food and tremendous service there.

PlutoPlanet
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
2nd choice Narcoossee's, first choice Citricos. We love fish. The service was very nice and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Donald Duck Rules
05-20-2010, 12:32 PM
California Grill

Great Food

Great View

Fireworks