PDA

View Full Version : Help for DH's 40th birthday Celebration

wdwfamilyof4
05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi,
This is my first time posting;). Hopefully it's in the right spot and done correctly. If not I apologize. We're going to be at WDW, staying at Pop, for DH's 40th and wanted ideas of how to celebrate. What's been your favorite things done for you or you've done for others b-days?
Hopefully turning the big 4-0 with the mouse will make it easier on him.
Thanks!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

We're also heading to Disney for DH's 40th in a few months, I agree with you that being in the land of mouse should make it easier (and more fun) to turn 40.

There is so much that you can do for birthdays at Disney. Be sure to pick up a Birthday Button (from the Guest Services at the park, or from the resort), he'll get lots of "Happy Birthday's" from everyone.

There are also many great places for a birthday dinner. Some are quite nice (like California Grill, where you can watch the fireworks) and others quite fun (like Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness). We've let DH pick where he wants to eat for he b-day, and he chose HDD!

Finally, depending on the cost, and how much you want to do, there are some great options for special things, like tours, fireworks cruises, packages and gifts from the disney florist. All are great fun, depending on the budget.

I think Disney is a great place for a birthday - enjoy :thumbsup:

princessgirls
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Have fun!! We did a Disney celebration for my 40th as well.

Disney does Birthday's!!!

Book some fun places to eat, celebrate and ENJOY!!!

Julie:mickey:

Figment104
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
:welcome:

Totally agree with everything ibelieveindisneymagic posted!!! Also, make sure if/when you make dinning reservations that they note on the reservation that you'll be celebrating his birthday and since it is a milestone you may want to even include that it's 40!

You can order a birthday cake as well for many of the restaurants.

I think so long as you make sure the trip is all about favorites you'll have a blast!

tinkergal
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
We celebrated DH's 40th last Sept. I did iron-on transfers on t-shirts. His had Peter Pan & said, "I'm 40 today but I won't grow up!" & mine had Tinker Bell & said, "My husband's 40 today but he won't grow up!". Lots of CM interaction w/ that!

We also had dinner @ Narcoossee's & DH got a personalized menu as a great keepsake.

Have fun! :mickey:

Tick-Tock
05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
I spent my 40th at WDW a couple of weeks ago. On the big day on the way to the parks I was thinking, sigh, OK, now I'm 40. Then a woman at the front of the bus said the gentleman she was with was celebrating his 90th birthday that day! I immediately felt young and carefree!

Make sure your room and dining reservations have the birthday noted. We got a couple of free desserts (Jiko and Boatwright's - complete with balloons and Mardi Gras beads and a nice song at Boatwright's). The birthday button is fun. They now have ones with spaces for names to be written in - the CM checking me in at POFQ did mine. And I got a birthday message and a birthday card in our room.

Fastpasssteve
05-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Men get scared around their 40th birthday (I know, I just did this.) They get the feeling that their best days are behind them. No matter what you plan, make sure they are activities that make them feel appreciated, wanted, and YOUNG. Dinner with a free dessert is great, but dinner followed by a walk around World Showcase at EPCOT or on the Boardwalk with an adoring wife followed by Illuminations or Wishes fireworks would make any man reaching middle age (!!!) feel like all is well in his world...that everything is alright, just as it is. It might be good to have balloons waiting for him at the resort...along with some of those great Mickey-shaped rice krispie bars with the ears dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. They make good snacks in the room after...whatever.

ginger19
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I booked the Richard Petty Driving experience for my DH's birthday :thumbsup:

wdwfamilyof4
05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I booked the Richard Petty Driving experience for my DH's birthday
I just booked this and am busting at the seams trying not to tell anyone. :secret: Thanks so much everyone for all the info. I'm tempted to do the custon t-shirts also. I love the Peter Pan idea that's so much fun & appropriate.:D

faline
05-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Here's some tips for celebrating a birthday (http://intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)at Disney World.

kemps@wdw
05-22-2010, 12:44 AM
:welcome::rocks: You will find this place a virtual fountain of info. By all means, get the b-day button (for a little extra TLC) Try to get your preferred park at least 30 min to an hour early and maybe get chosen as Family of The Day...lots of special treatment there as well! But, really, just being @ WDW on your 40th is gravy!!:thumbsup: