PDA

View Full Version : Villains In Vogue Getting Make Over?

DizneyFreak2002
05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
A member on another site claims Villains in Vogue is DHS is closing down and getting a make over. The candy/sweets shop will be taking over a portion of the store, from what this member said. Anyone know if this is true? I know from my October trip there was hardly any villains merchandise at all.

Villains0501
05-18-2010, 06:24 AM
From what I've also heard, the Villains in Vogue store will actually be no more. It will now focus solely on that new Vinylmation stuff! :ack: I've heard that the Siamese Cats (Si & Am) are gone, the statues of Maleficent and the Old Hag are going, that Fantasmic picture is going, and all of those panels in the store with the various Villains on them are being taken down!

This is AWFUL!!!!

Ms. Mode
05-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Say it ain't so! This is our favorite store in all of WDW:(

Elranzer
05-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Another terrible idea from the WDW "think tanks" to add to the list...

- Getting rid of River Country
- Merging Dixie Landings with Port Orleans
- Change all of Epcot's pavillions to be more kid-friendly
- Getting rid of Captain Eo
- Changing Tomorrowland from 50s "White" Futuristic to its current form
- Change Alien Encounter to Stitch's Great Escape
- Abandon the Pop Century: Legendary Years Resort
- The many name changes of MGM Studios
- Getting rid of Pleasure Island
- And now this.

Dragongirlx
05-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I hope this isn't true Villians in Vogue is one of my favourite stores. I would love to see more villians stuff not less

GothMickey
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM

- And now this.

Let's correct your list. Getting rid of Captain Eo was a mistake? The movie was campy and terrible in the 80's. It would be even worse today. Sorry Eo fans, the movie just doesn't stand the test of time. Removing Eo when they did was a GREAT move. And can't really blame Disney for abandoning Legendary Years. Remember, we had a terrorist attack, the economy sank, and travel pretty much ended. Disney was again right for stopping when they did. Now that the economy is slowly coming back, and travel will surely pick up (they must be seeing trends or else the property would still remain unbuilt). Disney once again made a great move.

The others, well, I agree with.

GothMickey
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I hope this isn't true Villians in Vogue is one of my favourite stores. I would love to see more villians stuff not less

Sorry to disappoint you, but, apparently it is true. :thedolls:

Can anyone see a Marvel Comics themed store in DHS or maybe DTD's future?

azcavalier
05-18-2010, 01:29 PM

- And now this.

Why should they have kept River Country when they introduced two entire water parks? I'm sure that those who went to River Country loved it and have fond memories of it, but it's completely outdated, and reduntant. I suppose that they should have kept Discovery Island as well once they opened Animal Kingdom?

And i'm thrilled that they're going to be finishing the POP Century buildings as the new Art of Animation Resort. That's a great idea.

I do agree that getting rid of Villians in Vogue is a disappointment. I would hope that they would have enlarged it, and marketed it a little better to get more traffic in there.

Rekenna
05-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Ugh! What a bummer, this and the watch store across the "street" at DHS were 2 of my favorite stores. :(

I firmly believe they could have a whole store just devoted to HM-add this along with the Villians, oh and maybe a Villians dining experience-heaven (or hell depending on the characters!).

grumpyguy
05-21-2010, 12:28 PM
this was a great strore!!!! AND it was always packed with people when we were there!!!
BIG MISTAKE!!! i agree with other posts...
haunted mansion is a hugely popular attraction and should have it's own store.something like the exits at tot and rnrc where you almost "have" to walk past merchandise to leave the attraction would be ideal.now the store dedicated to villians is going away...
c'mon,some of us like the "darker" side.
btw-it's a commonly known fact america spends more money on halloween than any other holiday so i know i'm not alone.
please imagineers get on the ball and in touch with us people

i'm grumpy
05-22-2010, 09:11 AM
It was re-opened when we returned to DHS. I think it was candy, vinylmation, then NBC in the section closed to the TOT. There was a pic of Malificent I believe still on the wall. Not sure what else.

readytogo2
05-23-2010, 06:35 PM
hate to take over this post but can someone explain the fascination of the vinylmation i just dont get it sorry

Belle_0717
05-24-2010, 01:22 PM
hate to take over this post but can someone explain the fascination of the vinylmation i just dont get it sorry

I completely agree. What is the attraction? The villians are so big and that's what makes Disney movies. I will miss the shop!

cajunmickey
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Just got back from a wonderful trip. Villains store is a must for my family. The candy store did take over the first part. There was a lot of Jack Skellton from Night mare before Christmas. A few villain items remain. We actually found a few things of Malificent and they happened to be on sale. Don't know if this is because they are getting rid of the merchandise. A large part of the store, as with most of the stores is vinlynmation this is everywhere. I guess its the new thing.

Pirate Granny
05-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm disappointed...as the candy store was inching over more and more over the last few years...and now this...It was my favorite store along with the now-gone watch store. We were looking for bathroom stuff and that's all gone now...both at DTD and Studio's.
BOOOOOOOOOO
:pirate:

BluewaterBrad
05-31-2010, 04:34 PM

- And now this.

Agree.:mickey: