PDA

View Full Version : Weird bus acronyms

Julie_Mouse
05-17-2010, 02:52 PM
While we were in WDW recently, I saw a lot of buses that had weird acronyms on the front. For example, where it would normally say "Disney's Hollywood Studios", or "Disney's Port Orleans Riverside", it would say "DHMU" or something similar. Anyone know what this means? Or is just a case of the bus drivers putting random things up there so that guests know the bus is not stopping for them?

WDWCP Spring99
05-17-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't know "exactly" what it means, but the DH is short for Dead-Head, and the MU would probably be for All-Star Music.
I believe that it means that they are going to All-Star Music and carrying no passengers.

I'm sure someone will be by soon to correct or confirm.

:mickey:

disneymom15
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
We saw those buses in Feb. We assumed they were exclusive buses for the Cheerleading competition that was going on at Studios. We noticed everyone that got off were dressed in school sweats. Could be wrong, but thats what we saw.

sgdisney
05-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I waited on a bus at DHS on my last morning (5-8-10) for over 30 minutes. It was around 9:45 in the morning and many buses went by me with these weird initials in their signs. Many buses went by that said DHCB and DHPC, which I assumed to be Disney's Hollywood Studios, Carribbean Beach or Pop Century. But I don't know if that is right or not. After no buses coming for POR a security car finally gave me and one other guy a ride back to our resort. I wish I had asked him!

clausjo
05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
We saw these in February also and never did figure them out. I just never thought to ask, either. We even saw one that said "Stitch". We just assumed it was the driver being silly.

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2010, 04:10 PM
We saw these in February also and never did figure them out. I just never thought to ask, either. We even saw one that said "Stitch". We just assumed it was the driver being silly.

On both our June trip and November trip last year we saw lots of buses that said STITCH. We asked and were told that those were drivers being trained. Not sure how accurate that is, but that's what we were told.

DisneyLuver91
05-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Can anyone tell me if the buses at Fort Wilderness still have fun character names like "Chip" or "Dale" or "Goofy?"