PDA

View Full Version : New Ride

#1donaldfan
05-17-2010, 12:23 PM
....Ok, I must be losing it...can someone tell me that there is a ride in EC that's a simulator type of ride, similar to Disney Quest's roller coaster simulator....?? I am sure I read that "somewhere", but have heard nothing else about it ?? :confused:

tinkman
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Nope, you're not losing it! We rode it during our March 10' trip. It's in one of the Innovention buildings in Future World. Sorry, I can't remember which one. It was really fun. You get instructions on how to program your ride, then you get to pick from several options as to what kind of ride you want. Then you use "computer" tools to design your ride, it's transfered onto a card much like a credit card, then the CM loads the info as you strap yourself onto the end of large robotic arm. A large hood is brought down over your head so you only seen a screen with a virtual graphic of the ride you designed. Lots of fun:thumbsup:

GothMickey
05-17-2010, 12:39 PM
It is called Sum of all Thrills and is located in Innoventions.

vicster
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
It is called Sum of all Thrills and is located in Innoventions.

WOW - how did I not hear about this? Can't wait to try it in September. This is exactly why I love Intercot - I learn so much.

#1donaldfan
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I'M NOT LOSING IT !!!

I appreciate your quick responses....I remember now, after you guys "jogged" my ever so diminishing brain.....

THANKS !! :party:

MikeyP
05-27-2010, 09:02 AM
I didn't see anything on InfoCentral or the WDW website, but would anyone know if there are any height restrictions for this?
Anyone think this ride would be too intense for a 2.5yo?
She'll be 2.5 when we go in Sept, is very tall for her age (almost 38 inches), and loves to go upside-down (upsabydown as she calls it) and be swung around.

KylesMom
05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Here's a fairly lengthy post on the attraction:
Sum of All Thrills (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162461&highlight=Sum+of+All+Thrills)
Sounds like it might be a bit too intense for a 2.5 year old. Here's a quote from the above post:

People between 48 and 54" cannot build any of the models to go upside down.
My son is 7 and he needed an adult to go with him, so not sure what the age restriction is....but he is also over 48". :mickey:

cer
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Not sure the height restrictions, but they do adjust the intensity (which limits the type of ride you can design) based on height.

It is very fun and is a different experience each time. My kids, 9 and 11, loved it! - I did too!

joanna71985
05-27-2010, 03:10 PM
The height limits are 48" to ride at all, and 54" to go upside down.

TracyL
05-27-2010, 08:55 PM
The nice thing about this attraction is that you can create something as intense or as mellow as you want. There are three different categories of ride you can create. I've built very tame rides and my DH made me go with him on his fairly intense jet-fighter ride. If your kid is tall enough, you can work together to design a ride that they will love whether they like it mild or wild.