PDA

View Full Version : Adding on dining plan ?

dizne4me
05-17-2010, 06:34 AM
I have purchased park hopper tickets for our upcoming trip and now I'm thinking about the dining plan. Does anyone know if I can add the dining plan to the tickets when I get there?

sassafras
05-17-2010, 07:14 AM
I spoke to one of the DVC cast members about this on Saturday. She said the Dining Plan had to be added on at least 2 days before your arrival. I had been told by another earlier that it had to be at least 7 days prior. So, I would say your best bet might be to call and inquire!

DizneyRox
05-17-2010, 07:16 AM
No you can't.. It needs to be added prior to arrival. Not sure of the number of days prior, but I'm sure someone else does. I think it's either 2 days or possibly 7, maybe even 10. It's one of those facts that nevers sticks, mostly because I have no use for the DDP.

PetefromRI
05-17-2010, 09:03 AM
If you plan on eating at any TS restaurants I hope that you make your ADR's early enough.It gets pretty tough to get into any places without one.

azcavalier
05-17-2010, 09:39 AM
I must post on this.

We just got back a week ago, and we stayed at a DVC property and had the DDP. However....I called DVC months ago and asked if I could go ahead and add the Park Hopper tickets and DDP and pay for them over the phone. The person I dealt with simply said, "Oh no, you just go ahead and do all that when you check in."

A couple of days before, I used Online Check-in to add a CC to the account. Then, when I got to the resort and went to check in, I told the young woman to add the DDP. She said, "No, i'm sorry, you needed to add that ahead of time. It needs to be done at least 48 hours prior to check-in."

We were pretty upset. Not with her, but with the lack of communication. We had reservations for a couple of Signature restaurants and other places we wouldn't eat without the DDP. So she stopped the check-in process and had us call the DVC Quality Control people. I explained to them what had happened. They did manage to put the DDP on our reservation (after about a 15 minute wait on hold) and explained to me that the proper procedure is that you need to add the DDP to your reservation ahead of time, but you pay for it at check-in. That makes sense to me. But when I had called months ago and told the lady that I wanted Park Hoppers AND the DDP, she should have said, "We add the DDP now, but you pay for everything at check-in." She didn't do that.

So, to answer your question and save yourself trouble...yes, you need to call and add the DDP at least two days before check in. But don't wait. Just do it now. But you won't pay for it until you check in.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I have purchased park hopper tickets for our upcoming trip and now I'm thinking about the dining plan. Does anyone know if I can add the dining plan to the tickets when I get there?

Do you mean that you have ordered tickets as part of a package reservation made with Disney, or have you already got tickets in hand (like you purchased them at the Disney store)? You can only add the DDP if you have a package reservation with Disney. You can't add it to tickets purchased any other time.

I must post on this.

We just got back a week ago, and we stayed at a DVC property and had the DDP. However....I called DVC months ago and asked if I could go ahead and add the Park Hopper tickets and DDP and pay for them over the phone. The person I dealt with simply said, "Oh no, you just go ahead and do all that when you check in."

A couple of days before, I used Online Check-in to add a CC to the account. Then, when I got to the resort and went to check in, I told the young woman to add the DDP. She said, "No, i'm sorry, you needed to add that ahead of time. It needs to be done at least 48 hours prior to check-in."

We were pretty upset. Not with her, but with the lack of communication. We had reservations for a couple of Signature restaurants and other places we wouldn't eat without the DDP. So she stopped the check-in process and had us call the DVC Quality Control people. I explained to them what had happened. They did manage to put the DDP on our reservation (after about a 15 minute wait on hold) and explained to me that the proper procedure is that you need to add the DDP to your reservation ahead of time, but you pay for it at check-in. That makes sense to me. But when I had called months ago and told the lady that I wanted Park Hoppers AND the DDP, she should have said, "We add the DDP now, but you pay for everything at check-in." She didn't do that.

So, to answer your question and save yourself trouble...yes, you need to call and add the DDP at least two days before check in. But don't wait. Just do it now. But you won't pay for it until you check in.

I am pretty sure that all of this is correct ONLY for DVC members. Everyone has to add the DDP 2 days prior to check-in, but regular guests have to pay for it in full at the time they add it. Only DVC members staying on DVC points are allowed to wait and pay for it at check-in.

azcavalier
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I am pretty sure that all of this is correct ONLY for DVC members. Everyone has to add the DDP 2 days prior to check-in, but regular guests have to pay for it in full at the time they add it. Only DVC members staying on DVC points are allowed to wait and pay for it at check-in.

Yep, we were using DVC points. But the point of my post wasn't when we were supposed to pay for it. It was that I told the lady on the phone I wanted the DDP, and she didn't add it. She told me to just take care of it at check-in, and that was incorrect.

CleveRocks
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I have purchased park hopper tickets for our upcoming trip and now I'm thinking about the dining plan. Does anyone know if I can add the dining plan to the tickets when I get there?To clarify, the Dining Plan is not an option you add to a ticket. The Disney Dining Plan is something that must be reserved as part of a Disney resort package. A package is defined as a bundled purchase of resort room and a minimum theme park ticket purchase of at least a 1-day base ticket. The important word here is BUNDLED. The DDP can't be added as an a la carte option.

The exceptions to the above are if you are a DVC member staying on points, OR if you are an AP holder ... in those cases, and ONLY in those cases, it can be added as an a la carte option, but as others have said it still must be reserved in advance.