PDA

View Full Version : What would your choice be for a really fun dinner with children under 8?

Boost
05-16-2010, 06:11 PM
My wife and I have a trip planned for Memorial Day weekend. We are staying at Coronado Springs but we have some ADR's set for elsewhere in WDW.

Does anyone know which characters are at 1900 Park Fare for dinner?

We are trying to find something unique for the kids to enjoy. We have two boys, 5 and 7, and a daughter who is just under two years old.

Thank you!

wdwfansince75
05-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Dinner characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, and several other characters from Cinderella... For dinner, I would suggest Chef Mickey's, considering the age of your kids.... If you are going to a park that day, consider Garden Grill in EPCOT.... Good characters, meal served family style, and all in all, a quieter, but fun, experience.

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-16-2010, 07:17 PM
1900 Park Fare was one of our favorite meals, the step sisters are so funny, and the food excellent. We also went to garden grill and it was very different as well. The restaurant rotates so there are different scenes to see and there are Characters there too!

We had two girls ages 3 and 4 with us.

Tinkermom
05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Garden Grill! Great food, great character interaction and the restaurant rotates.

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is also a fun place (no characters). They have stick pony races for the kids and lots of fun antics. It is loud and fun. :mickey: Great bbq platters!

Kenny1113
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Another vote for Garden Grill. I'm not sure which my kids enjoyed more, the characters or the fact that it rotates!!!! ;)

PrinceCharming13
05-16-2010, 09:27 PM
O'Hana

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
It is not my cup of tea, but from the ages of children you listed, they would LOVE Chef Mickey in the Contemporary Resort, which is right on the Magic Kingdom Monorail loop, so it is easy to get to from the MK. It is a large restaurant with a huge buffet (Lots of child friendly food, so they will find a lot to enjoy...along with dessert!) All the "big hitters" are there...Mickey, Miney, Goofy, Pluto, Donald! This restaurant would hold the greatest general appeal for boys and girls. With two boys, you really don't want a lot of pink princess stuff going...unless complaining children at Disney is your thing.

5MemphisTiggers
05-17-2010, 07:25 AM
I agree with the votes for Chef Mickey's. We've eaten there for breakfast a few times. Good buffet. And (for the kids) Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto make the rounds. Great photo ops.

If your kids like Winnie the Pooh and friends, Crystal Palace at MK is fun. We've had dinner here a couple of time. Good buffet dinner with Pooh, Tigger :tigger:, Piglet and Eeyore. As a bonus, you are already in the park. :mickey:

For something other than character dining, O'hana is a lot of fun. During dinner the kids are invited to a parade around the restaurant, limbo and coconut races. If you time it right and get a table near a window, you can watch Wishes from the restaurant.

sassy2000
05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
If you are looking for character dining then I would suggest Chef Mickey or Garden Grill. If not, then I would pick Ohana or Whispering Canyon. They both have activities for the kids to participate in. 1900 Park Fare is fun and the stepsisters do interact alot with the boys. Plus Cinderella is there for your daughter.

brownie
05-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd recommend the Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's.

mudpuppysmom
05-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Another plug for Chef Mickey's.....it's loud and busy, but the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! The food is decent and the characters all have pretty decent interaction -- it's quick though.

On the flip side.....our kids enjoy Biergarten and the polka band.......our older son will drag me out and make me dance with him (he's 8 now, but he's drug me out as young as 4). It's a fun show and the food is good!

Kaps
05-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Whispering Canyon is alot of fun but lacks characters. If you need them then Chef Mickeys. Still not as much fun as the canyon

wdw dude
05-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I would pick Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana.

:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
05-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I second the suggestion about Whispering Canyon Cafe. If you like Bar B Q, it is a lot of fun.

KylesMom
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Are you inquiring about this Memorial Day? If so, while I would usually recommend Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Ohana, Crystal Palace or Whispering Canyon for the ages of your kids, you may be limited in your choices.

Oftentimes these restaurants book up months in advance, and I don't know if there will be availability at any of them. I'd call & see what is open at this point before you get your heart set on any of them. If you have a reservation for Park Faire already, I'd keep it unless/until I could find something else that I thought the kids might like more!