PDA

View Full Version : Muppets

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Did the muppets reopen yet? Or is it still closed for refurb? Just wondering what was all done to it. Thanks

Strmchsr
05-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes it has reopened. Nothing different about it. They changed the projection system out so that it's all digital and cleaned everything up. So it's the same show as before but looking much much better.

dream6
05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Did they end up changing any of the pre-show as speculated? I hope not!! :mickey: We've been those people who have walked in halfway through the pre-show and asked if we could wait for the next one so we could see the whole thing :blush:

finaldynasty
05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
From my understanding, they did not change the pre-show.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm so happy that Disney takes the time and effort to update its attractions with new and better technology. Not to mention the immaculate grounds and plantings...all the lightbulbs that need to be replaced...refreshing chipping paint... Good job! I do love this attraction. I can't wait to see the new clearer version this fall.

Julie_Mouse
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Yep, we visited it on Saturday and it was back up :mickey:

I can't quite remember the pre-show prior to the refurb, but I don't think it has changed. I loved it, as usual, so I doubt it! :)

Granny Jill A
05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
This is one of my favorite pre-shows. Now, if they could just get people to SHUT UP while it's playing....:mad:

Gator
05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh, that's great! It was looking well worn in January. I was hoping they would update the people scene when the wall "collapses".

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
We've been those people who have walked in halfway through the pre-show and asked if we could wait for the next one so we could see the whole thing :blush:
Us too! I am SO glad to hear that the preshow did not change. Eevn though the preshow is nearly 15 minutes, I know almost the entire thing from memory. Even my 9-year old DD knows many of the lines by heart! The preshow is actually my favorite part. I really like the show, don't get me wrong. But the preshow is the best part.

I think I know why the preshow wasn't changed. As a change to the preshow was being considered, Sam Eagle must have marched into the office of the "powers that be" and said "Will you please stop this foolishness!" Thankfully, when Gonzo responded, "What sort of foolishness would you like to see," the result was upgraded technology rather than a change to the preshow. Phew!

BklynChick
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I think I know why the preshow wasn't changed. As a change to the preshow was being considered, Sam Eagle must have marched into the office of the "powers that be" and said "Will you please stop this foolishness!" Thankfully, when Gonzo responded, "What sort of foolishness would you like to see," the result was upgraded technology rather than a change to the preshow. Phew!

:rotfl:

He probably pointed out that it would also be unpatriotic, like stopping in the middle of the row...

i'm grumpy
05-22-2010, 10:43 PM
LOL! Where was Sam during the Voyage of the LM??

AmandaChan
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm so happy that Disney takes the time and effort to update its attractions with new and better technology. Not to mention the immaculate grounds and plantings...all the lightbulbs that need to be replaced...refreshing chipping paint... Good job! I do love this attraction. I can't wait to see the new clearer version this fall.

disney wouldn't be as amazingly successful if they didn't take the time perfect every detail. that's what makes us love it so much!

AmandaChan
05-23-2010, 01:10 PM
This is one of my favorite pre-shows. Now, if they could just get people to SHUT UP while it's playing....:mad:

we've always been lucky enough to have a quiet audience during the preshow. everyone is usually just as excited to see it as we are.

also has anyone ever noticed the picture of the jim henson muppet hanging over top of the audience un the queue area? it's one of my favorite details..

LudwigVonDrake
05-24-2010, 06:13 AM
I can't wait to see the refurbed attraction. I love the Muppets :fozzie: