PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 05:38 PM
We decided to make a reservation for Raglan Road for our last night. I have heard several great things about it. I was wondering what everyone ordered there? Was is the best meal you have eaten there?

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Anybody? :bored:

WDWNut02
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
One of my favorites!!!! I love the steak, I believe its a sirloin. There is a meatball and penne dish that is wonderfull as well, and its hard to go wrong with the shepard's pie. Its all pretty good to tell ya the truth :mickey: Plus the beer options rock :beer:

SBETigg
05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
The salmon was very good, loved it. Honestly, I've loved everything I've had there. Kevin's ham, the pork, the scallop forest appetizer. Ger's Bread and Butter pudding is one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 10:41 PM
When I try a new restaurant (especially when it is an ethnic/specially themed restaurant), I like to try dishes specific to that restaurant or locale.

I like the goat cheese terrine, the chicken liver pate, the Beef Stew with a touch of Guiness, of course, the Shepherd's Pie...but I admit to getting the braised short ribs and thinking they were delicious!

Oh, the others were right about the Bread Pudding. Ditto the Bailey's Creme Brulee. Seriously.

PetefromRI
05-17-2010, 09:01 AM
The braised short ribs were really really good and the bread and butter pudding is now our favorite dessert at Disney World.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
We ate there Dec. 2008 and had steak, Its Not Bleedin chowder and Kevin's ham. We were not impressed with Kevin's ham it is nothing special. The steak was very good and the chowder was excellent.

DVC2004
05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
In December I had a great salad of mixed greens with a goat cheese tourine (goat cheese mized with herbs then flash fried)- it was incredible! I had the bread pudding for desert. I think my husband had shepherds pie but I can't recall. I know he loved it.

DisneyDoug2
05-17-2010, 12:28 PM
We ate there last year, my wife had the steak and I had the Shepards Pie both were very good, but the best thing was the bread pudding for dessert.

AmandaChan
05-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Ohhh the forest of scallops appetizer are the BEST.. Haven't had them in a year so I'm assuming they're the same. They are so freaking delicious.

I also get the beef stew. The portion size doesn't look large but I can never ever finish it. It's delicious.

Raglan road is one of our favorite places. we go every year.

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
We've always loved Raglan Road, but weren't terribly impressed a couple weeks ago.

The best meal I've ever had was my first one several years ago. It was a special they were having, so it was only on the menu for a limited time. It was a chilean sea bass, and was amazing.

We love the scallop forest, but it's really only 3 large scallops cut in half (at least when we were there on 5/6/10). Tastes awesome, and we love the dipping sauces, but it's very expensive for only 3 scallops total. Last December we noticed they used very small scallops, too. They used to be 6 big scallops, at least the first couple times we dined there.

DH had the beef stew this last time, and it was very good. I tried the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, and I wasn't impressed at all. They list prawns and scallops as the first ingredients, but there were only two medium scallops and 2 average sized shrimp. The bulk of the dish was filled with fish and mussels. I'm not a mussle person, and was told there weren't many, but almost half the dish was mussels. There were a couple pieces of diced potato and a few pieces of onion, but definitely no more than that.

We didn't get any bread like we always did in the past (guess they cut that out, because nobody got bread at the tables around us). It was weird to eat chowder and not have any bread at all.

We've had the fish and chips before, and they are excellent. DH likes the shepherd's pie, but didn't love it.

The band only played a few songs the entire time we were there. They used to play much more, but were almost non-existent this time.

I think Raglan Road is seeing the effects of cost cuts, and I think we'll stay away for a little while. Maybe it was an off night, or maybe these changes are more permanent. We'll see. I was always a huge fan, but this last visit changed that.

HoosierDisneyFan
05-18-2010, 08:18 PM
My 14 year old DS and I ate there in past Spring break for the first time. I have the fish and chips (very good) and he had a hamburger. We both enjoyed our meals.