PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons on 1900 Park Fare

kemps@wdw
05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi fellow Intercoters :wave: On our next visit to the World this Oct. we are making it point to choose at least 3 new dining options. One of these I'm wanting to try is 1900 Park Fare (I believe that is the correct name). Please help me decide yay :yes: or nay :humph:. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. :thanks:

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I will be eating there at this time next Sunday! So I can't help you out but I have heard great things about it as well.

I LoveJack
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
We usually do breakfast there. They have Alice and the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. The food is about "normal" for Disney's breakfast buffets. They do have strawberry soup and you can only get it there.
Have done the dinner there once, it was okay. A lot cheaper than seeing Cindy at the castle if you are on a budget. You'll see Cinderella and Prince Charming, along with the step mother and step sisters.

#1donaldfan
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
....they have a very, very good buffet, a huge variety of food to choose from, so the most picky eaters can find "something"....the ugly step sisters are there, and they are HUGE fun....give it a try....:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
We really enjoyed dinner at 1900 Park Fare on our last trip.

The food was better than your average Disney buffet and the character interaction was just wonderful! Lady Tremaine actually sat down at our table and chatted with my daughter.

We are trying breakfast this August, and can't wait!

TinkiTime1989
05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I had dinner there with a couple of friends last year. We had a blast. The step sisters are a lot of fun. The food was wonderful as well.

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
we went there last September...food was great, one of our best meals. The step sisters were so funny. We ended up going back later in the trip, and am going again this year.
Hope you have as good a time.

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
We did breakfast there last month....the food was good and it was nice to be able to talk with the characters but we much preferred breakfast at Crystal Palace as they had more choices. That said I have read such good reviews about 1900 Park Fare dinner that I think we will have to eat there on our next trip.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
1900 Park Fare at breakfast holds a lot of appeal for younsters and adults, as far as I'm concerned. One can meet Alice from Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Pooh Bear, Tigger, and Mary Poppins! There is also a wide selection of child-friendly and familiar foods (eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit, meat, cereals...even soft-serve ice cream for breakfast! Why not? It is Disney, right?

The kids get plenty of time with the characters...they hosts will do a special presentation for birthdays along with leading the restaurant in singing Happy Birthday...and a Birthday cupcake.

Adults will also enjoy this restaurant. Eggs benedict, sausage, bacon, fresh waffles, chilled strawberry soup (which I crave) and made to order omlettes. They also have pastries, bagels, and great croissants. Fresh orange juice and good coffee complete the experience.

mrmcgiv
05-17-2010, 01:38 AM
went for dinner - good food, good character interaction - fun w/ step sisters. my kids were 4 and 7 and they liked it. The only down side was that I found to to be really loud - but not so loud that I would not go back.

moe513
05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
We have been there 3 times for dinner.
The only complaint is that 2 times they put us in the "back small room" . Its hard to explain but its a small wing attached to the main dining area. Next time I would request not to be back there. Its very tight and and you cant see the main room. Food is good

jnfr2424
05-17-2010, 08:55 AM
We did this twice during our Thanksgiving trip
Breakfast was good but we felt rushed and it was a bit on the chaotic side... dinner was much better and loved the interaction with Step mother and step sisters but I agree with Moe - we got stuck in that little room and it did take forever for the characters to come over plus we could not see the dancing being in that room otherwise food was very good

#1donaldfan
05-17-2010, 12:39 PM
We have been there 3 times for dinner.
The only complaint is that 2 times they put us in the "back small room" . Its hard to explain but its a small wing attached to the main dining area. Next time I would request not to be back there. Its very tight and and you cant see the main room. Food is good

....we were put in there once and I acutally liked it .... it was way quieter and it seemed a bit more relaxed......we were at the very end next to the rope going into the lobby area...and actually, just past that rope were restrooms, which was GREAT for the kids.....we could see the main dinnig room ?? :mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
For a buffet at Disney it is satisfactory, I do enjoy the breakfasts and "all-you-care to enjoy" meals that are family style because the food tends to be hotter and fresher and of a little better quality. I do like that they actually have made to order eggs at this breakfast something that few others I have been to have. The ability to have an omlette the way I want in the morning instead of eggs adhered together in a shafer makes it an easier place to return to.

Live characters, busy atmosphere especially for breakfast, and a good excuse to go to the wonderful GF if you aren't staying there, so all and all a decent choice.

GrmGrninGost
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I love 1900 PF! The food has been a little inconsistent for us, but never "bad". The character interaction is fantastic! I love Anastasia and Drisella, they are SOOOOOO fun! The breakfast is not bad, but the dinner is the best! :mickey:

ToashaF
05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Park Fare is delicious! We love it! I would go there for sure!

madhatterrules
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
The Character Breakfast is wonderful, good food, omeletets & Mickey waffles, plus I like the Alice characters especially the Mad Hatter!
The atmosphere was lovely and we really enjoyed our time here. MUCH better than breakfast at the Castle.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
We are going for dinner and breakfast on our upcoming trip. (IN TWO DAYS) Anyway what characters are there for breakfast? I thought it was just Alice, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins?

renecat
05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
We went there in 2008 food was good great characters.

BklynChick
05-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Had breakfast here and loved it. Great food, nice character interaction, and not as frenetic as some of the other character meals (i.e. Chef Mickey's).

kemps@wdw
05-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Thank you all for your most excellent input. :thanks: I knew I could depend on you. It looks as if this will be the first of three new dining experiences for us this year! :eat:

PrincessJadesMom
05-22-2010, 02:25 PM
We usually do breakfast there. They have Alice and the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. The food is about "normal" for Disney's breakfast buffets. They do have strawberry soup and you can only get it there.
Have done the dinner there once, it was okay. A lot cheaper than seeing Cindy at the castle if you are on a budget. You'll see Cinderella and Prince Charming, along with the step mother and step sisters.

I've heard great things about this place. We are going there in Oct. I'm just wondering, is the Strawberry Soup only available at breakfast? We have dinner ressies and I really wanted to try that soup.:mickey:

Joannelet
05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
We had breakfast there and loved it!!! We had no complaints at all :)
The characters were great. It was well organized. You didn't feel rushed there at all. The food selection was a lot better than some of the others we have done in the past :)
We just were there in December and it has become our favorite by far! :)