PDA

View Full Version : Open Day-Where to Dine?

thejens
05-15-2010, 11:32 PM
I am a ultra planner and have scheduled an unplanned day on a Wednesday in the middle of our trip. Of course this is making me nervous! We are staying at POFQ (first time at a moderate) and I thought my boys (6 and 12) might enjoy fishing, swimming, riding the water mice or whatever they are called. We might head to DTD or park. I was contemplating going to a Waterpark, but think we'll just play it by ear. Any suggestions of where we should eat? I am guessing bfast at the resort? Nothing at the resort really grabs me. We always do Earl of Sandwich and would like to try something new. Should we try TRex or Rain Forest?

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I must say I DO love T-Rex. My friends and I visited there this last February during the cold snap, and we really enjoyed our food. Of course the best part of it is watching the meteor shower and the animals going crazy every now and then...along with the color changing ice room. I would go there...followed by an ice cream sundae at Ghirardelli's on the way back through the Marketplace. After all that food, a walk will feel good...plus you can grab some last minute gifts at World of
Disney while you're there. And you won't have to carry anything with you in the Parks...you'll be going back to the room.

Zippy 1
05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
We absolutely love Rainforest. It is a little pricey - but we have always had great food and serivce.

princess mommy
05-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Another vote for T-Rex. Went with my 9 and 11 year olds for 1st time in March and had a blast. Good service and food. Head over to the Lego store after and fill a container with your choice of Lego pieces from the wall to take home as a souvenir.

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Definitely do T-Rex.....have never been to the one at DTD but have been several times at the Kansas City T-Rex...your children will love it.

#1donaldfan
05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
.....head over to Riverside, use the main pool .....the fishing dock looks fun too, never done it, but have seen it several times.....go into the food court there and grab a burger, they are very, very good.....of course, we like the FQ's meatball subs and always find ourselves over there at least once a trip.....if you do head to DtD, T-Rex would be my pick, it's loud and fun for the boys.....!!!:mickey: