PDA

View Full Version : Rumor..Le Cellier

HoosierDisneyFan
05-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I read a rumor on another Disney fan site that Le Cellier would be moving to a 2 TS "Signature" resturant. According to the rumor the staff was told this recently. Can anyone out there confirm this?

Disney4us2
05-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh Gosh, I hope not. I pay OOP for this one for lunch. Hopefully it will stay the way it is.

Twinsowner
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I would not be suprised if this happens due to the popularity of Lecellier. Although I think it would drastically reduce the number of people who will dine there. We enjoy it on every trip but would not even consider it for a 2 ts. Hope its not true!!

Strmchsr
05-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Given that there is nothing special to make Le Cellier a 2 TS meal I seriously doubt that this would happen. If even half of the "rumors" that we see about WDW on the internet came true it'd be changing every other day.

TheRustyScupper
05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Can anyone out there confirm this?

Allegedly it was announced to Le Cellier employees. It will become a 2-TS by Sept-2010.

FriendsofMickey
05-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I wonder if they will offer anything additional? I personally have not been impressed (I know *gasp*)... so, this is one of those, were though I would not hate/refuse to go again. I usually leave it for those who find it a must do.
It will be on my definate skip if it becomes a 2TS.

5MemphisTiggers
05-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I certainly hope this rumor isn't true, as Le Cellier is one of my family's favs. However, as a 2TS, I doubt we would eat there anymore. We have yet to book any 2TS ressies.

Besides, half the fun is trying to get a ressie, isnt' it? :D

Polynesian Dweller
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Allegedly it was announced to Le Cellier employees. It will become a 2-TS by Sept-2010.

Hopefully they are planning some menu upgrades. To be 2 TS I think they would have to in order to be at the level of the other ones.

AHOTE
05-16-2010, 12:48 AM

I made changes to my dining reservation for October 2, 2010 two days ago and no mention was made, at that time, regarding LeCellier becoming a signature dining venue. :shrug: I will call guest services tomorrow for a clarification and post what I found out. If it is true I hope they will honor reservations made prior to the change over.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 01:17 AM
This whole Signature Dining upgrade raises my curiosity. I am going there in late October during the Food and Wine Festival. I look forward to any changes they make. I have loved the place for years. I assume this would be an upgrade. I hadn't made reservations at any signature restaurants...I guess, maybe I did.

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2010, 07:13 AM
I made changes to my dining reservation for October 2, 2010 two days ago and no mention was made, at that time, regarding LeCellier becoming a signature dining venue. :shrug: I will call guest services tomorrow for a clarification and post what I found out. If it is true I hope they will honor reservations made prior to the change over.

We're in the same boat! We made ressies for late October and no mention of it being 2 tables. I hope they will honor those of us who booked at 180 under the understanding it is one table! Otherwise I'll be :mad:

TheVBs
05-16-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree, there would have to be some kind of significant upgrade to justify making this a 2TS. We've enjoyed our meals there, but nothing about it currently makes it worth 2TS.

PopPhan
05-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I have reservations for Sept. 27 -- Are they going to contact me so that I can change, or are they going to hit me with the 2TS charge when I get there? This will change our pre-existing reservations, as I will NOT book Le Celier as a 2TS meal.

Strmchsr
05-16-2010, 09:06 AM
I have reservations for Sept. 27 -- Are they going to contact me so that I can change, or are they going to hit me with the 2TS charge when I get there? This will change our pre-existing reservations, as I will NOT book Le Celier as a 2TS meal.

It's just a rumor, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. And, if you have already made ADRs there's no way they could charge you 2TS's without telling you at time of booking. IF this happens (and I doubt it) I would think they would have to push it out beyond the already open ADR window. Too much chaos otherwise. So, maybe Jan 1 or something like that. I still don't think this is a likely rumor. I haven't seen any reputable source reporting it and one of the most popular restaurants in WDW making a change with this big of an impact would be huge news. I've checked quite a few sites and this rumor originates from 1 board where a poster claims her daughter works at Canada and this was announced to them and that there will be a full menu change. So, maybe it's true, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I hear it from Disney directly.

kakn7294
05-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Wasn't it a 2 TS credit place in the past - like when the current dining plan was first being rolled out?

PopPhan
05-16-2010, 10:16 AM
It's just a rumor, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. And, if you have already made ADRs there's no way they could charge you 2TS's without telling you at time of booking. IF this happens (and I doubt it) I would think they would have to push it out beyond the already open ADR window. Too much chaos otherwise. So, maybe Jan 1 or something like that. I still don't think this is a likely rumor. I haven't seen any reputable source reporting it and one of the most popular restaurants in WDW making a change with this big of an impact would be huge news. I've checked quite a few sites and this rumor originates from 1 board where a poster claims her daughter works at Canada and this was announced to them and that there will be a full menu change. So, maybe it's true, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I hear it from Disney directly.

Thanks, Chris. You are the voice of reason on this! I should know better about WDW rumors by now!! :blush:

Ian
05-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Meh ... seems unlikely to me. Why would Le Cellier warrant being a 2TS when there are other WS restaurants that are comparable if not better that are 1TS?

The only thing I can think of is that it's so busy they're trying to balance out the supply and demand.

But I can tell you that, as much as I like Le Cellier, I would never spend 2TS to eat there when I could spend 2TS at Yachtsman or Cali Grill instead. Le Cellier is good, but it's not even close to those two.

DisneyDoug2
05-16-2010, 11:16 AM
LeCeller is a nice restraunt but it is not in line with the Cali Grill, Jiko's or The Yachtsmen. If it does go to 2TS credits they will lose a lot of busniess without some kind of major overhaul.

VWL Mom
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
I would think Disney keeps track of OOP vs DDP sales. Maybe they feel they can support themselves with OOP patrons and those willing to pay 2TS?

For the sake of all those already booked I hope it doesn't happen this year. I don't think it would be fair to change mid year especially if your package is paid for.

MinnieMommie
05-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Meh ... seems unlikely to me. Why would Le Cellier warrant being a 2TS when there are other WS restaurants that are comparable if not better that are 1TS?

The only thing I can think of is that it's so busy they're trying to balance out the supply and demand.

But I can tell you that, as much as I like Le Cellier, I would never spend 2TS to eat there when I could spend 2TS at Yachtsman or Cali Grill instead. Le Cellier is good, but it's not even close to those two.

Sort of what I am thinking Ian. They may want to balance out the supply and demand or maybe because the demand is so high they will do it just because they can. However while this is a great 1TS exchange it not something I would use a 2TS credit for and don't think it on par with the signature dining venues. But again this is just a rumor so who knows what will happen. :mickey:

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I sure hope they don't do that! We ate there for the first time last month and not I sure we would return if it is a 2 TS restaurant.

TheDuckRocks
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow! This is just a rumor, but good grief, LeCellier doesn't come anywhere close to the 6 signature restaurants where we have eaten. And it would take more than just a menu change to make it pass muster, maybe a third of the tables would have to go, as they are so close together and don't make for up scale dining.

Gayle
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
We have reservations for October of 2010 and the Disney Dining reservationest did not tell us it was 2 TS, the only one we have for 2TS is Whispering Canyon for our anniversary. Hope this helps

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
We have reservations for October of 2010 and the Disney Dining reservationest did not tell us it was 2 TS, the only one we have for 2TS is Whispering Canyon for our anniversary. Hope this helps

That is very strange.....we just ate at Whispering Canyon last month and it was a 1 TS to eat there. I have not heard anything about it changing. Did they tell you this when you made your reservations?

Ian
05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
We have reservations for October of 2010 and the Disney Dining reservationest did not tell us it was 2 TS, the only one we have for 2TS is Whispering Canyon for our anniversary. Hope this helpsAre you sure you don't mean Artist Point?

Whispering Canyon is most definitely not a 2 TS.

DizneyRox
05-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Are you sure you don't mean Artist Point?

Whispering Canyon is most definitely not a 2 TS.

Maybe they started charging for the catsup?!?

SBETigg
05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Kathy, Le Cellier was always 1 TS. Coral Reef used to be 2 TS.

I agree with others that they would have to make some changes to compete with the other Signatures. It's not bad, but it's just not that good.

Scar
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, as someone who doesn't buy the DDP, and only makes ADR's from my hotel room or the podium, I would love to see this go to 2 credits. Then maybe I could get in once in a while.

Strmchsr
05-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Though no one is reporting it other than the inital rumors, others are lending credibility to the rumor saying that with the addition of the new eateries in Mexico and Italy as casual dining experiences it only makes sense to upgrade Le Cellier to a signature dining experience and that the menu for Le Cellier would completely change to keep it line with that level restaurant. If that's true, I guess I had my last meal at Le Cellier last week. Wish I had known. However, I still don't see how they could possibly change it over to a signature place when they have current ADRs as is. I think it's more likely it'll switch in January or so.

Gusgus
05-17-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't see this place as a 2 TS either. I don't see it being up to par with the other signature places. I have eaten there maybe 5 or 6 times and although it's good I really don't see what the hype / popularity is all about.

Gusgus

VWL Mom
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Though no one is reporting it other than the inital rumors, others are lending credibility to the rumor saying that with the addition of the new eateries in Mexico and Italy as casual dining experiences it only makes sense to upgrade Le Cellier to a signature dining experience and that the menu for Le Cellier would completely change to keep it line with that level restaurant.

Now that you mention the new casual dining experiences I wonder the chances of Tutto Italia becoming 2TS. We do OOP and our checks at Cali Grill, Le Cellier, & Tutto Italia all pretty much were the same.

Checkers
05-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I agree, there would have to be some kind of significant upgrade to justify making this a 2TS. We've enjoyed our meals there, but nothing about it currently makes it worth 2TS.

Totally agree. My DH & I ate at LeCellier last week and both agreed we have enjoyed it more in the past. Actually, we have ADRs there for our upcoming Oct. trip and have decided we are going to change to another restaurant just haven't decided which one as yet.

Gator
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I kinda hope that it does go to 2TS credits. That way, my wife won't make me go there and I can finally go to Biergarten like I want to.

tundramom
05-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm already booked for Nov 8th without a peep about 2 TS. I just don't see it happening. As for comparing to other 2TS, we've only eaten at Cali and the food at LeCellier was much better than the meal we experienced at Cali. Level of service as Cali was better, but we found the atmosphere to be noisy, the rooftop view was the only reason I'd go back. Not sure I'd do 2TS for LeCellier though, even though it our hands down favorite.

GothMickey
05-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I can see this happening. People, just because you weren't told over the phone, doesn't mean Disney isn't planning this. Why would they tell you this is happening when the decision may still be in the planning stages with no set date? Just like with anything else, if Disney changes the policy, you will either pay 2TS or cancel your reservation. When you book your trip two years out, you don't pay the price increase at first, do you? Disney does not tell you that price may go up next year. Well, they wouldn't tell you with this either, especially if it is just a rumor. So, please, just because an outsourced person (not even Disney employees) didn't inform you of a "POSSIBLE" increase, doesn't mean it isn't true.

DisneyFr33k
05-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Has anyone called Disney to confirm if this is true or not? I will!

DisneyFr33k
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM
I just called Disney Dining and she told me that Le Cellier is 1 table service for 2010 and that the 2 table service would be charged if it were a part of the candlelight holiday celebrations.

NewDVCowner
05-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I just called Disney Dining and she told me that Le Cellier is 1 table service for 2010 and that the 2 table service would be charged if it were a part of the candlelight holiday celebrations.

Thanks for checking!

So practical. Call and get a straight answer rather than endless speculation here. :mickey:

joonyer
05-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks for checking!

So practical. Call and get a straight answer rather than endless speculation here. :mickey:

Yes, . . . Except that the CM she talked to may not have any idea what they are talking about. Or is also just quoting rumors. That has happened to me on several occasions in the past. Getting a statement from a CM (on any issue) does not make it an official Disney policy.

Everything at WDW is subject to change, especially menu prices.

SBETigg
05-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Calling never gives you a straight answer. I've found that when something new is going on, we know better than the CMs on the phone. Or they just play coy. You'll never get a rumor confirmed by calling unless it has already become general news.

Knowing the way the DP is going, maybe they're planning on bumping all 1 TS to 2 TS and 2 TS to 3. More money paid, less given in return. ;) I'm joking (let's hope)! But I'm already uneasy about continuing with the plan if they eliminate dessert next year and don't lower the price by more than a dollar.

BrerGnat
05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Maybe the restaurant management WANTS Le Cellier to be better than "not bad". Maybe they want to serve higher quality cuts of steak, and higher end side dishes. I have read of cutbacks here in recent years (since the DDP) regarding menu items being removed and such. Perhaps by making it a 2TS signature restaurant, they can expand the items offered and/or increase the quality of the ingredients.

I have ALWAYS found it odd that you can get a filet mignon at Le Cellier and it is only 1TS. With the amount of money they are making on the DDP, they can't really afford to offer prime cuts of beef, so it ends up being, like, Outback Steakhouse quality.

DizneyRox
05-19-2010, 05:39 PM
... so it ends up being, like, Outback Steakhouse quality.
That pretty much sums up Le Cellier... As others have said, without getting rid of tables AND increasing the quality/selection on the menu, Le Cellier is NOT a signature meal. If they go signature without those changes, they will definitely go back to a walk up, any time of the day, restaurant.

It will also be interesting if they lower the cost of the DDP next year. I am going to guess they will keep it the same price and we won't see an actual price increase until 2012 (if the DDP lasts that long). There will be a huge backlash at the removal of the dessert, more than the removal of an appetizer. People aren't THAT stupid...

Stu29573
05-21-2010, 07:06 AM
I just booked it for Nov 20 and its still 1.

Tinkerfreak
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
That pretty much sums up Le Cellier... As others have said, without getting rid of tables AND increasing the quality/selection on the menu, Le Cellier is NOT a signature meal. If they go signature without those changes, they will definitely go back to a walk up, any time of the day, restaurant.

It will also be interesting if they lower the cost of the DDP next year. I am going to guess they will keep it the same price and we won't see an actual price increase until 2012 (if the DDP lasts that long). There will be a huge backlash at the removal of the dessert, more than the removal of an appetizer. People aren't THAT stupid...

sorry to get off topic but I must have missed something. Are they changing the dining plan again and taking away the dessert?

Strmchsr
05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
sorry to get off topic but I must have missed something. Are they changing the dining plan again and taking away the dessert?

That's the rumor. not confirmed.

DizneyRox
05-21-2010, 02:23 PM
sorry to get off topic but I must have missed something. Are they changing the dining plan again and taking away the dessert?That's the rumor. not confirmed.
I think our friends overseas have stated their bounce back offers with dining plan for 2011 DID NOT include dessert. There won't be two different dining plans. So, if they aren't lying, then it's as good as confirmed to me.

BrerGnat
05-21-2010, 03:26 PM

Considering that restaurants make their profits on appetizers, desserts, and alcoholic beverages, this move doesn't surprise me at ALL. Disney is probably realizing that they are losing money on this plan. Hopefully, they'll do away with it altogether in the near future...

DisneyFr33k
05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I know that things can change on a dime, but when I called the dining line and they confirmed Le Cellier was one table service for 2010, we both commented that they cannot change things after ressies have been made - that would be "bait and switch". I would see it fit for any big changes to be made - Le Cellier or changes to dessert /appetizers to the plan - it would be for the new dining years of 2011 or 2012.

I purchased the dining plan for October and made my ressies at 180. Le Cellier was one table service and the plan when I purchased it included a dessert. If Disney decided to hold me accountable to new rules they made after my purchase and ressies (in the middle of 2010 effective for the 2010 plan), they will have a fight on their hands. And I am sure I won't be alone in expressing my disgust. And if they hold firm, they can pay me back my money as I will cancel my trip.

From what I have seen, most changes to dining plans (especially ones that take away from the guests) have happened from one year to the next- not in the middle. Anyone observe differently?

HoosierDisneyFan
07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Has anyone heard an update on this?

Ian
07-11-2010, 08:53 AM
No, but I will say that if they do away with the desserts on the plan and don't lower the price they'll have taken a loyal DDP customer and turned him into a guy who may consider eating offsite.

The nickel and diming is getting annoying.

Crow
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I agree, if on DDP there is no way Id go to LC. I like but think its a little overated. Didnt even go there last trip. Id go w CG or AP long before LC if on DDP

Goofster
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I think our friends overseas have stated their bounce back offers with dining plan for 2011 DID NOT include dessert. There won't be two different dining plans. So, if they aren't lying, then it's as good as confirmed to me.

That's ridiculous. If they remove dessert than its barely worth the money for the plan anymore....unless you do all buffets.

princessgirls
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
No, but I will say that if they do away with the desserts on the plan and don't lower the price they'll have taken a loyal DDP customer and turned him into a guy who may consider eating offsite.

The nickel and diming is getting annoying.

So annoying! We are one family that hates that!!
Julie:mickey:

Mickey91
07-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Though no one is reporting it other than the inital rumors, others are lending credibility to the rumor saying that with the addition of the new eateries in Mexico and Italy as casual dining experiences it only makes sense to upgrade Le Cellier to a signature dining experience and that the menu for Le Cellier would completely change to keep it line with that level restaurant. If that's true, I guess I had my last meal at Le Cellier last week. Wish I had known. However, I still don't see how they could possibly change it over to a signature place when they have current ADRs as is. I think it's more likely it'll switch in January or so.
Or they could make very late calls with a comp for inconvenience as they did when Japan's restaurant closed and did a complete make over. We already had ressies and was very close to our vacation when they called with the news it would be closed. They could call and offer a comp and the choice to stay with the ressie as a 2TS or change to something else(good luck).

Mickey91
07-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Calling never gives you a straight answer. I've found that when something new is going on, we know better than the CMs on the phone. Or they just play coy. You'll never get a rumor confirmed by calling unless it has already become general news.

Knowing the way the DP is going, maybe they're planning on bumping all 1 TS to 2 TS and 2 TS to 3. More money paid, less given in return. ;) I'm joking (let's hope)! But I'm already uneasy about continuing with the plan if they eliminate dessert next year and don't lower the price by more than a dollar.
:D Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go up in price by $5 to make it worth it! LOL!

Mickey91
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
That's ridiculous. If they remove dessert than its barely worth the money for the plan anymore....unless you do all buffets.

And actually, the buffets are where Disney comes out for the better to start with. Without dessert, cause you're talking about the CS and TS locations,the DDP is NOT worth it! And, Le Cellier is so not worth 2 TS.

kronk99
07-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Perhaps Disney is changing the DDP all together. I just recently returned and in 2 of the 3 non-buffet reservations we had, there were two menus handed to us. At Chefs de France and Le Celier one menu was the regular a la carte menu and the other was an all-inclusive menu with choice of 2-3 appetizers, 4-6 entrees, and 3-4 choices for dessert. Could they be altering there menu selections at the restaurants to something like this so they can better control costs and limit big ticket items? Just a thought...

DizneyRox
07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Perhaps Disney is changing the DDP all together. I just recently returned and in 2 of the 3 non-buffet reservations we had, there were two menus handed to us. At Chefs de France and Le Celier one menu was the regular a la carte menu and the other was an all-inclusive menu with choice of 2-3 appetizers, 4-6 entrees, and 3-4 choices for dessert. Could they be altering there menu selections at the restaurants to something like this so they can better control costs and limit big ticket items? Just a thought...
LeCellier has the LeCellier Experience, which is what you are referring to. It's altered to allow it's use on the DDP (priced appropriately for profit). I've heard that de France has a similar setup.

Nothng new...

Mickey 101
08-02-2010, 03:08 AM
We do OOP and our checks at Cali Grill, Le Cellier, & Tutto Italia all pretty much were the same.

I had a similar observation. We also pay OOP. The cuisine/atmosphere may not really compare to the signature dining locations, but our checks are very similar at California Grill, Flying Fish, Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier. I've thought for quite some time that Le Cellier is a great value as a 1TS on the ddp for that reason. I wouldn't be that surprised to see it go to a 2TS location.

Mickey91
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I had a similar observation. We also pay OOP. The cuisine/atmosphere may not really compare to the signature dining locations, but our checks are very similar at California Grill, Flying Fish, Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier. I've thought for quite some time that Le Cellier is a great value as a 1TS on the ddp for that reason. I wouldn't be that surprised to see it go to a 2TS location.
It is a good value as 1 TS but no where near worth 2TS. The ambiance just isn't there. Cali Grill gets by with it because of the magnificent view of the MK and fireworks, plus the quality of food is so much better. I'm going to guess that is the case with the others. Le Cellier, while a pretty good meal (much better in the past) is still just a dark, crowded steak house.

TheRustyScupper
08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
they cannot change things after ressies have been made - that would be "bait and switch".

1) programs have the clause "subject to change".
2) Thus,
. . . LC could become a 2TS at any time
. . . desserts could be removed from DDP at any time

NOTE: Not saying these will be done, but they are allowed under the terms.

NOTE2: As for my opinion, I firmly believe LC will go to 2TS and that desserts will be removed from DDP.

PopPhan
08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
It's starting to sound more and more like any restaurant with an entree over $20 - $25 is going to become a 2TS restaurant....Just another way to "cheapen" the DDP experience.

Mickey91
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
It's starting to sound more and more like any restaurant with an entree over $20 - $25 is going to become a 2TS restaurant....Just another way to "cheapen" the DDP experience.
Well, and if Disney feels the need to continue chipping away at it as if it is hurting their profit, why not just do away with it all together? We have been enjoying the free dining plan since the first year they came out with it. For us, it has been great! But, for the price you pay (when it isn't free), Disney cannot take any more away or continue to make all the nice TS places 2TS credits and still come out even. You already have to work the numbers to see if it is a good deal for your family each and every trip. If they continue down the current path, there will be no number crunching needed. A shame they have to make every good idea into a money grubbing scheme.

comicguy
08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't care if they take away the desert from the CS meals, as I usually have a full tummy!!

But the TS meals should include desert as part of the experience.

I was only slightly annoyed when the took away the app, but take away desert and IMO it is not much better then eating out at home

DizneyRox
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't care if they take away the desert from the CS meals, as I usually have a full tummy!!

But the TS meals should include dessert as part of the experience.

I was only slightly annoyed when the took away the app, but take away desert and IMO it is not much better then eating out at home
We usually do a TS per day (sometimes two, if we have a breakfast and dinner). Hardly ever do we get a dessert, just too full. For a CS though, sometimes I'll grab a ice cream afterwards, so I've found there IS room for dessert after a CS.

BTW - Neither of these impact me, I haven't been conned into the DDP.

I think they are trying to find a way to increase profits, but NOT impact the price of the DDP too much. I think when we went it would have been like $44 per person per day. Really, they can't go up more than that without people seriously taking notice. The only other way to go it to drop value.

ThunderChunky21
08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
If they drop the dessert from the DDP, would they give you an additional snack option? I could deal with that. Seems like Disney could turn tables over faster in the restaurants that way (making them more money), and it means I can have another Dole Whip instead (which probably costs Disney less than most TS desserts).

DizneyRox
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
If they drop the dessert from the DDP, would they give you an additional snack option? I could deal with that. Seems like Disney could turn tables over faster in the restaurants that way (making them more money), and it means I can have another Dole Whip instead (which probably costs Disney less than most TS desserts).
This is Di$ney we're talking about. They take away, never give back (except at The Flights of Wonder in AK).

Providing an extra snack credit would be an additional $4 value, so it will be met with a price hike.

I think they are looking to keep the cost the same, which means they need to remove something due to inflation and Wall Street.

Strmchsr
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
In the first substantial news in quite a while on this, it now seems that Le Cellier will go to 2 TS for dinner only beginning March 1, 2011. Lunch will remain as is and dinner will have a brand new menu and be more of a signature experience.

elephant rider
08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Well it looks like we are just getting in under the wire. :thumbsup: We are hoping to get an ADR there for Valentine's Day dinner.

DizneyRox
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
In the first substantial news in quite a while on this, it now seems that Le Cellier will go to 2 TS for dinner only beginning March 1, 2011. Lunch will remain as is and dinner will have a brand new menu and be more of a signature experience.
Which probably means they aren't moving tables out. It's too cramped in there to be a signature experience IMHO. Last time I almost had to share my soup with a neighbor.

Polynesian Dweller
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM

The brand new menu is the key. If they make it a signature level menu then 2 TS credits is fine.