PDA

View Full Version : To Disney Quest or not to Disney Quest?

dking2002
05-15-2010, 07:38 PM
We are planning our upcoming trip with our two DS who are 10 and 13. We've never done Disney Quest? Should we, unless it's raining of course...to crowded I'm sure? If so, should I plan all day or just half? Any thoughts from folks who've checked it out would be great. (Dad is a traditionalist who hates to step his pinkie toe out of the four official parks, so he'll take some convincing to go.) As always, thanks!!!

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2010, 08:08 PM
2 boys at that age....GO! They will love it. You could probably do 1/2 day though.

AnnaMom
05-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes I agree they will love it! My DS 20 & DD 10 love going there we go every year.

Mousemates
05-15-2010, 10:41 PM
DisneyQuest to us (and us includes a now fifteen year old son) is a "you ought to do it once" kind of place. We really enjoyed our first trip, the second was okay, and then it was just kind of blah. The law of diminishing returns seems to kick in pretty quick there, as once you've done it all once its easy to lose interest (with the exception of the virtual space mountian and cannon cars). so since you've never been, I'd say go for it...your boys will probably have a super great time on your inaugural visit.

Tink#64
05-16-2010, 02:31 AM
We did DQ a few years ago, at the end of a 9 day trip, so we had already been to all the parks & basicaly done eveything else on our must do list for that trip. DS's were 8 & 9 at the time & we had a ball! We went at opening on a Friday morning, I'd read that evenings & rainy days tend to be more crowded, and we spent about 5 - 6 hours there! We all had a great time, I think for anyone remotely interested - you should experience it at least once! We had so much fun, but now we're kind of like - been there - done that - had fun - but no current plans to go back attitude! We had alot of fun & I won't say that we won't ever go back, it's just not the sort of place that we feel the need to spend the extra time & money to fit in every trip.

The Create Zone was one of our fav's! DQ was definitely alot of fun for all of us! Youngest DS made a cd that we bought, it was so much fun making that! Oldest DS made a toy in Sid's Toy's (Toy Story) that we bought & brought home & we still have both! DS's really enjoyed cyber Space Mountain & designing their own roller coasters & then riding them via the simulators with the goal of making me & DH spew! :sick: My fav was POTC - that was really fun! It was a great day and I'm so glad we decided to take the time to make it happen! I believe that in all of WDW - not just the parks -there is magic just waiting to happen! :tink:

ehaimann236
05-16-2010, 10:45 AM
DQ is definitely for the teen crowd. It is a lot of fun for them. It is quite expensive but for a night after you have been to Animal Kingdom its great cause you can grab dinner at West Downtown Disney and then play at DQ all night.

grumpyguy
05-19-2010, 10:37 AM
dq is a must do!!!!i think it's really cool.young boys will have a ball no doubt:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
I would say it is a "maybe do." But the games there are VERY dated. The graphics and game play are much more advanced on the XBox 360 or PS3. I would think a teen would actually be shocked on how some of the graphics looks on some of the games. While Space Mountain and Pirates is fun. I don't think those two things are worth the price of admission.

If you have time to kill or it is raining and you don't want to walk around the parks in a poncho, there are worse things you could do. However, I do believe there are plenty of better things to try.

disneykid@hrt
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Definitely a half-day thing. We went one year on the night we got there and the place was basically empty. We also had the Water Park & More option- and anytime we've been faced with purchasing the tickets seperately we haven't.
But it was nice to do DQ and walk around DTD.

I like the idea of AK and then DQ/ DTD. Maybe then DH won't feel jipped?