PDA

View Full Version : September Crowds?

Maggio
05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
DH and I are FINALLY able to take a WDW vacation in September (9/22-9/26). We have been at every other conceivable time (mostly in the summer months and early January). For years, my BiL and SiL have been selling us on the lack of crowds in September, but I have to admit, Free Dining scares me!

For those of you that have been in recent Septembers, what can we expect in terms of crowds? Is it really as open as we've been led to believe? Or will we show up and encounter crowds like we saw during Pop Warner week last December -- because, after that, I'd NEVER say that early December is low on crowds. It's not the summer months, but January is certainly better!

Thanks! :mickey:

tundramom
05-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Just checked the predictions, you are going to have low (4-5) crowds except that Sat is especially busy (8) for some reason. Breakdown by day:
Wed best AK worst EP
Thur best AK worst all others
Fri best MK and Studios worst EP
Sat best EP worst Studios
Sun AK worst all others
23rd and 25th are Halloween party nights.

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Our anniversary is in September, so we celebrate at WDW most years. We have not had any trouble with huge crowds. As a matter of fact, October is my favorite WDW month, followed by September. I feel sure you will love it also! By the way, we went Pop Warner week a few years back and felt the same way! Never again!

readytogo2
05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Just checked the predictions, you are going to have low (4-5) crowds except that Sat is especially busy (8) for some reason. Breakdown by day:
Wed best AK worst EP
Thur best AK worst all others
Fri best MK and Studios worst EP
Sat best EP worst Studios
Sun AK worst all others
23rd and 25th are Halloween party nights.

can i ask where you found this information?

Strmchsr
05-15-2010, 06:42 PM
can i ask where you found this information?

That comes from the Touring Plans crowd calendar. However, having looked at the info in the past (including my trip last week) I have found it to be pretty hit and miss on accuracy. Very miss last week.

ali'sdad2003
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
I have gone down during free dining the last three trips and the only thing that is affected in the ability to walk up and get a table at the sit down restaurants. That is it. The longest wait we had was about 20-30 minutes. Other than the heat, it is a great time to go and, if my DD6 was not growing up, we would go every year. Also, if you go at prime meal times, the counter service are busy, but I think that is any time of the year. Don't fret. You will love it.

Pirate Granny
05-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I go almost every September...and find the crowds normally light...sometime the weather can be a bit hot and humid...I'll actually be there on the 24...may be busy at EPCOT as it's open until midnight that evening...then plan the next day to sleep in, go to to DTD and then the MNSSHP...and take a very late taxi cab to Universal to check in after the party...
:pirate:

Basket Mommy
05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
January is our favorite time to go as well. We haven't been to WDW in January since 2006, because January has become a busy month at work for my husband (he's an eye doctor, and lots of people are getting eye exams with new insurance policies during January!)

We've tried the first week in December twice and hated it. It's more crowded than I like, definitely more crowded than January. We do love the Christmas decorations, though.

In 2008 we tried going over Labor Day weekend. BIG mistake. Never again. Too hot and too crowded. I have no idea WHAT we were thinking! We used the Boardwalk pool a LOT during that trip!

My husband and I have been twice in May for the Flower and Garden festival. Hot, yes, but not unbearably so, and the events at Epcot make it so worth the heat!

Last year we went to WDW during Halloween week and did the Halloween party. Very nice, except the week we were there Orlando experienced record high temps. We thought that was funny. Seems to always happen to us!

This year we've got a trip planned for September 25th-30th, with 2 nights @ BCV and 3 nights @BWV (wait listed for BCV and hoping that those other 3 nights open up at BCV so we can hang out at Stormalong Bay every day!)

I've always been told that September crowds are best, too. We're making the move back to homeschooling next year, so September suddenly opened back up for us convenience-wise. We can't wait to go! 132 days!!

Maggio
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all of your responses and am very excited about our next trip. :yay:

Alaska Disney Fan
05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Love September, went the past couple times in April and May. Heading back in September this year 24th - Oct 2nd