PDA

View Full Version : Iron man 2/Disney reference?

McLiberal8
05-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Did everyone else who saw Iron Man 2 notice the blatant Walt Disney references?
Howard Stark looked just like him, but apart from that, his 'City of Tomorrow' and the 'Stark Expo' was Epcot-ish to the core! The 'Make Way for Tommorrow, Today' song during the credits sounded almost exactly like 'Great, Big, Beautiful Tommorrow'!
I thought it was a nice nod to Walt. :)

Mickey'sGirl
05-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I didn't get to see Iron Man 2 with my family, but they were all talking about how Howard Stark was just like Walt when they got home.

Don't you love subtle references like that, which only geeks like ourselves would understand? It's like being part of a secret club!:secret:

McLiberal8
05-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Haha yes!
I went with my mother - at the end of the movie, they make a subtle reference to the new comic-based movie they will make, about Thor. She asked how I knew so much about comics, and I said 'I have dated a lot of nerds' ;). She said she thought that was a funny reason to know so much, and I said 'Mom, i'm pretty sure it's a mutual thing. I can guarantee more than one of my exs was sitting watching the same movie, commenting on the Walt references, and knowing I was the only reason they noticed that'. lol

Dznygrl79
05-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Disney also owns Marvel now, so I am not surprised that there would be a refference.