PDA

View Full Version : Two separate reservations: chances of staying in same room?

TikiGoddess
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Right now we have a 4 night package booked. I'm thinking of adding on a night to our trip - we were planning on doing the parks for 1/2 day and then driving to Tampa to see our relatives. But we could also stay one more night and drive to Tampa in the morning, rested and relaxed, instead of tired and hot after a day in the parks.

I don't want to add to the package as we would have to pay for the dining plan. So, a room only reservation would work the best.

I know we can have our travel agent call and make sure Disney links the two reservations together.

But -- what are the chances of us having to move to a different room for our extra night?

Kathy

lindique
05-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I think your chances of having to move are pretty small. I've had continuing reservations on numerous occasions and have never had to move. Just mention to the reservations Cast Member that you would like to link the two. Then, when you check in, ask the CM to block your room for the extra night.

The main reason that you might not be able to stay in your room is if they are expecting a large group and have blocked those rooms off.

Genie1953
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
We just got back from a 9 night 10 day stay last month and had a room only reservation for the first night and a magic your way package for the rest of the stay. We just told them when we checked in that we had the two reservations and asked if they could be sure and link them together so we could stay in the same room. They said no problem and had it done within minutes. We did have to check out and then check back in for the second reservation but it was so quick...maybe 5 minutes was all.