PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Musings - 1

Mr_Increddieble
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
1.- From France in Epcot you could see the Space Shuttle Atlantis taking off (over Mexico). There was a tight trail cloud as it curved to the left and it was out of sight in about 45 seconds then the trail cloud started to spread out. There was quite a nice energy as word spread and people rushed over.
2.- Spaceship Earth has a smell like crayons early in the ride between ancient Egypt and Rome (the next smell is smouldering fire).
3.- Beach Club not having a good breakfast counter service is not good. We miss Cap't Cook's.
4.- Soarin' is twice as good if you get the center section and middle glider. Better than being on either end.
5.- No lifeguards along the length of the Typhoon Lagoon know how long it is in miles. One girl answered 2 to 3 miles. I figured about 5/8 mi.
6.- Grand Marnier Slushie is excellent.
7.- Spaten is real good too.
8. Biergarten band is entertaining. Food is OK. German guy next to me loved it...so. I prefer Italian food or a good steak.
9.- Walking to Epcot is awesome. Especially the little path along the water (eliminates the hill).
10.- At 60% full Beach Club feels a little crowded. At 100% it would be unbearable.
11.- UK visitors (and I love 'em) ten to cover up their kids...hats, shirts, pants...even when swimming. Fair skinned I guess.
Bye for now...

KylesMom
05-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Some nice observations. Glad you're enjoying your stay! :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the great Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2010, 06:28 AM
How Fun! Love the observations! Keep them coming!

vizsla
05-18-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Love the observations!!!

Julie:mickey:

faline
05-20-2010, 08:13 PM
We watched the Space Shuttle Launch just outside of Disney Studios! Very cool!

Sounds like we were there duing the same time frame - wonder if we crossed paths?!