PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island or DT Disney confusion for dinner reservation-Portobello's

cornfedcowboy
05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
I have a reservation at Portobello's. Is there a charge to get to the property (meaning Pleasure Island).

What is the difference between Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island? Thanks in advance for the help.

5MemphisTiggers
05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
I've only been a few times, so I know some of the more experienced posters can give more thorough informaiton. Portobello's is in the Marketplace section of DTD, and there isn't any extra charge to access it. Are you staying on property? If so, Disney transportation will take you to DTD -- a bus from most resorts, or a boat ride from the Port Orleans resorts (this is fun!).

Pleasure Island is a section of DTD located between Marketplace and West Side. It used to have several nightclubs (decades-based clubs, a comedy club, etc.) and catered to an adult crowd. I never visited during this time, but I believe there was a cover charge to enter the Pleasure Island section. Pleasure Island is, however, being re-imagineered. The clubs are gone and are being replaced with shops and restaurants, and there is no charge to enter this section. I don't remeber there being much open on PI when I was there last, but I'm sure things are opening up.

While you are there, take time to stroll around DTD and visit the shops. Lots of fun. My wife and I enjoy sitting outside the House of Blues and listening to whomever happens to be playing. Chocolates at Ghirardelli's, lunch at Earl of Sandwich, WolfGANG PUCK EXPRESS, RAGLAND ROAD ! . . .

Doggone it! Now I'm hungry!! :eat:

Have fun!

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2010, 01:41 AM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, transportation to Downtown Disney is included with your stay.

Downtown Disney is divided into 3 different sections: The Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and the West Side. The buses from the resorts will drop you at either of two stops, one at the Marketplace, the other is right by Planet Hollywood (this is the one you want!).

Get off the bus, walk past Planet Hollywood, and cross the foot bridge on your right. Keep walking through Pleasure Island (no extra charge) until you see Portobello on your left. If you cross another foot bridge, you've gone too far.

There used to be a separate cover charge for the night clubs that used to inhabit Pleasure Island. It is that way no more.

If you want a visual of Downtown Disney, simply go to Google, click images, then type Downtown Disney. You will have your choice of maps.