PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Break Crowds?????

DizneeFan13
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
I am wondering about how crowded it get the week before Christmas? Since Christmas is on a Saturday, my kiddos are out early on Friday 17th and will be off until Jan 3rd. If anyone has experience to share or I'll even take educated guesses :thumbsup:, I would be very grateful.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Crowded :(

Christmas is one of, if not the busiest time at WDW. Crowds will be high, and will build every day as you approach Christmas.

SurferStitch
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Yep, you will see some big, big crowds.

But, it's still beautiful with all of the decorations. We like to go the first 2 weeks of December so we can experience everything, but the crowds have been picking up steadily over the past few years during that time, too.

But, if you're prepared for big crowds, you won't be disappointed. Just utilize FP, decide what are must-do's, and get to the parks early.

buzznwoodysmom
05-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I would think, with most other schools in the US having basically the same Christmas break, the crowds will be heavy. I've never heard of anyone going during Christmas break saying it wasn't crowded. That said, I think you can still have a very magical time. One day we plan to spend our children's two week Christmas break in WDW. I know it will be crowded, but we can't think of anything better than spending one Christmas at our favorite place.

joonyer
05-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Crowds will be heavy, but not as bad as the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day. That is THE busiest week of the year at WDW.

ibrowse17
05-14-2010, 09:18 PM
My wife and I both work for our local school system, and have gone to Disney the past few years on our Christmas break. We have arrived on, or about, the 17th and left around the 23rd. The crowds were on the light side early during our stay, but grew the closer to Christmas. We would suggest going early, and leaving before the week between Christmas and New Years. We have found the week before Christamas to be our favorite time to go:thumbsup:

DreamFinder2
05-15-2010, 12:07 PM
My DW and I are both teachers in the midwest and went to WDW for the first time over Christmas last year. We arrived on the 17th or so and left on the 24th. Each day it got busier, but I was expecting much worse. We're big believers in doing the parks early and late...and finding something else to do in the afternoons. This worked well for us and we never experienced any trip-ruining crowds :thumbsup:

In fact, the 23rd at Epcot was probably the smallest crowds we've ever experienced there. It was almost too good to be true!

ValenciaCalling
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
It is INSANE. There's really no other way to put it. Also, if last winter's weather is an indication of this winter's weather, make sure to pack a lot of sweaters and gloves so you don't have to waste your entire savings scrambling to buy 50 dollar sweatshirts when the sun goes down.

amcsherr
06-19-2011, 12:39 PM
if it is ANYTHING like DL, it will be a complete madhouse. we are talking get there at opening or they have to close the gates 'cuz they've reached the limit.

mechanic
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
just like everyone else says... but..

christmas eve has been very slow both times we were there.
christmas day in mk is nuts!
stay onsite or you might not get in. the parks do close if too full.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm hoping the week before won't be as bad as the week of Christmas...we will be there Dec. 17-23.

alaMode
06-19-2011, 06:20 PM
We were there 12/17-12/21 last year & the crowds were very manageable! It did get slightly more crowded on the last day of our visit.

We stayed at WL, which was beautifully decorated and very festive. Every afternoon there were characters in the lobby, which my son loved!

We attended the last MVMCP of 2010, which was very crowded, but also very fun!

The only downside IMO was the weather. It was kind of gloomy, with some rain and chilly temps. It was hard to decide what to pack because the
temps were all over the place! Also, we couldn't
take advantage of the pool-it was just too cold!

I wish we could visit at this time again this year, but it just isn't in the cards for us!

You are going to have a great time! Enjoy!