PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner

Sunshine1010
05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I know Pop Warner basically 'takes over' the value resorts.

It seems I remember that one year they flooded over to the Port Orleans resorts. Then, last year it was the Coronado.

Any news for this year?

dizne4me
05-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Uh-oh. I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for that - but now I'm worried -- when is Pop Warner time?

Strmchsr
05-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Uh-oh. I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for that - but now I'm worried -- when is Pop Warner time?

It's the first full week of December.

No word yet on their "overflow" resort. It's generally the All-Stars and one of the moderates, but no word on which moderate for this year. That info usually pops up in July or August.

Sunshine1010
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Where would I find the info at?

We're thinking about staying at Riverside.

Strmchsr
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Where would I find the info at?

We're thinking about staying at Riverside.

If you google to find the Pop Warner official site they'll have their package information (and the resort choices) on there when they release all the information to their teams. POR is often an overflow resort, but not always.

jenperich
05-14-2010, 02:17 AM
We stayed at Riverside in 2007 and there were Pop Warner kids at that resort. However, I really do not remember them being a problem.

We also stayed at AS Sports last October and there were kids EVERYWHERE! So, with that being said, you should be okay. Good luck!

Sunshine1010
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone...

I truly don't mind children,..or teenagers for that matter. I have 3 kids...and they WILL be teenagers some day. lol

But, ...I WILL listen to the masses when they say that this particular event is chaotic and loud at certain resorts.

So, I'm trying to avoid it.

I'll try to go to their official website. Thanks!

Strmchsr
05-14-2010, 12:17 PM
If you see something before we post it on Intercot, let us know.

BTW, keep in mind that different folks have different "kid tolerance." I've heard people say that the Pop Warner week is the 7th level of Hades and they would never go again during that time. I've heard others say they never even noticed the kids. It just depends on your perspective, I suppose. I know I was there one night with the Pop Warner crowd and it was loud and chaotic, which I don't particularly care for, but the kids weren't being disrespectful. Just being kids.