PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown-- good food?

CuteAsMinnie
05-12-2010, 09:41 PM
We have 7:50 ressies at Rose & Crown for our upcoming trip, hoping to get an outside table and stay for Illuminations. (Good luck to us!)

How is the food, really? Any recommendations?? KIds are 14 and 17.

Thanks!:mickey:

dream6
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
We were there in January and my parents had lunch at the Rose & Crown and they loved it. I guess the menu went through some changes, because I ate there a few years ago and wasn't a fan. However, they said it was much better with the new menu. Plus, for an Illuminations location it can't be beat! :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy!

MistressGracey
05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
This was our favorite meal by far on our last trip. We all had the surf n' turf (steak and fish in this case) and loved it, including our two teen sons. Sticky toffee pudding was a great dessert as well....

Enjoy!

Fastpasssteve
05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I love the chicken and mushroom pot pie or the pork loin. Both of those dishes are my favorites...similar to the comfort food I was raised on. Not low calorie dishes, but good, nonetheless. I find the sticky toffee pudding too sugary for my taste, but many RAVE about it. I am more partial to the Chocolate Scotch Cake or the Lemon Pie.

Strmchsr
05-13-2010, 07:48 AM
This was our favorite meal by far on our last trip. We all had the surf n' turf (steak and fish in this case) and loved it

:ditto: The steak is the best I had all week.

DVC2004
05-13-2010, 08:20 AM
[I]Great[I] food! Love this place, and I had thought I wouldn't. Definitely have the velvety potato-leek soup!

DVCDisneyMom
05-13-2010, 08:23 AM
We love it there!!! Good food for the kids too!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
We love Rose & Crown too :thumbsup: The food is always good, and the service is excellent.

My DD didn't like the gravy that came with the bangers and mash, but we just ask for it on the side now.

Enjoy your meal!

SBETigg
05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I love the Rose and Crown, for the atmosphere. The food is only okay for me. The potato leek soup is really good, and there was a tasty mushroom appetizer in the past. Not sure of the current menu. A few years ago, I loved the bangers and mash. Last visit, it was just meh.

So, like everywhere else, there are times when it's better and times when it's not as great. But it's a safe bet. You probably won't have a bad meal. You most likely won't have a great one, either.

BRJARE3
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
We ate there in 07 and thought it was the worst meal we have ever had. The food was tasteless. Did not help that we were there for over 2 hours because our server was horrible. Our 3 children at the time were 5, 2 1/2 and 15 months old. We were on the dining plan and at that time, there was nowhere else to go for a sit down meal. They took us in about 45 min after our reservation. I will never return. I hope you have better luck.

MNNHFLTX
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Another vote for the potato and leek soup, and you can't go wrong with the fish and chips or cottage pie. :tasty:

MuchLovedMama
05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
We were a party of 8 Sept of 2008 and not one of us liked R&C. It was so awful (the service too) that we had to complain (and we never ever do that) and the manager ended up adding additional meals onto our dining plan to make up for it. It was close to 3 hours before we got out of there...they were that slow. We wouldn't eat there if we were paid to anymore.

I do remember my daughter getting that leek soup with her meal and didn't like it so I ate it. I did like that but that was all.

CaptSmee
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
the food is excellent. don't be disappointed if you can't get a table outside, they are pretty limited even though we've scored seating outside twice over the years

TheVBs
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM
The fish and chips or bangers and mash are both fantastic! We had an awesome, fun server and got a table outside. It wasn't in the evening for Illuminations, but still a beautiful view. :mickey: Hope you have a wonderful time!

thejens
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
We like it even though we never get the outside view! The service is slow. We have all always liked the food though.

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
LOVE the Fish and Chips! The first time we ate there I got the surf and turf. The steak was really good, but I was disappointed I didn't get all fish! ( And I'm not a huge fish fan)

Disney Yankee
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
We love Rose and Crown!!! Love the potato and leek soup, and the Sheppard's Pie, Yum!!! We go there at least once every trip!!:mickey:

littleedie
05-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I loved Rose&Crown! We got lucky - got there right before Illuminations without a reservation and got a table outside right by the water. The lamb two ways was amazing - especially the Shepherd's Pie. And our waiter was great. Hope you enjoy it!

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
We ate there two Octobers ago and loved it. I see now they don't offer the lamb anymore - too bad as it was fantastic! The family ordered shep. pie, bangers and mash, and fish and chips and they enjoyed them as well. Portion sizes were great! We got a table on the patio - a bit chilly, but service was great!

AllDisney
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
We have eaten there a couple of times & have always had a great experience. We've never been lucky enough to eat outside but we hope one day that will work out for us:mickey: