PDA

View Full Version : trying to pass the time...

Soph and Han's Mom
05-12-2010, 04:03 PM
...before we leave for our next fun filled wdw vacation:mickey:

my kids and i were talking last night, and we couldn't agree on which resort was our 'home' resort. we have stayed at the poly AND CR multiple times...we love both of them, but finally concluded CR was our 'home' resort...because we have stayed there more...we also love the size of the rooms, the pool area (seems more 'open' to us compared to the poly), and the proximity to mk. we also love the grand concourse!! it was also our first deluxe resort that we enjoyed as a family. great memories! now (much to my husband's dismay...he actually won't admit it but he loves it!!) we have become 'spoiled' and love to hang our hats at both of these lovely resorts.

so i suppose my question is this...what is your 'home' resort, and what makes it special to you? is it home simply because it is where you have always stayed, or more than that? the pool? the food? the atmosphere? what makes you spend your $$ to stay where you do?

help me pass the time, folks:thumbsup:

goofball
05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
If I absolutely have to pick one (and that's hard) I would have to say Wilderness Lodge. This is my favorite that I have stayed at multiple times. It is all about the atmosphere. Primarily the lobby. I love the rustic grandness of it. I love it most at Christmas when the tree and all the decorations are spectacular. The boat to MK is great too. This could change though as I am headed for my first ever stay at AKL with a Savannah view. :blush:

tundramom
05-12-2010, 07:42 PM
My home resort is SSR by way of deed, and I do love it.....But in my heart WL feels like home. As soon as I walk into the lobby I just get this warm, calm feeling. The wood, the background music, the teepee lights. I especially love to stand at the bridge and listen to the bubbling spring and then follow it out all the way to the pool, it just keeps growing in volume until it becomes the falls. The wooden walkway to the boat dock reminds me of Yellowstone, I think the overall feeling of the great park lodges of the west is very authentic, and my favorite childhood vacations were spent in those very lodges.:cloud9:

Soph and Han's Mom
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
you both make WL sound awesome!!

Jeniflower
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
it is awesome,
I love the grand lobby and the rockers by the fire, the beautiful landscaping and the boat to MK, i even love the ducks at the tables. I've been to Disney 5 times and stayed on site 4. The Dolphin was nice but not disney and the Poly was beautiful but WL is home

ransam
05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Funny as it seems, it would have to be the POP.

Belster
05-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Funny as it seems, it would have to be the POP.

At this time in my life me too. I also hold a special place in my heart for Poly though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I really have to say we don't have a home resort, as long as its on Disney property (never stayed Deluxe level)....but we are going to stay at Coronada again next visit because we like the idea of the queen size beds.

eeyorepoohfan
05-13-2010, 12:09 PM
:mickey:Our home resort for now is POP, due to cost and budget. But we really do love it! :thumbsup:The themeing is fun. We really enjoy walking around and checking out the larger than life icons! And finding our birth year sign by the lake! It was such a fun atmosphere and really got us in the DIsney mood immediately upon arrival! And it's just me and my hubby, no kids yet!
:mickey:I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in the past and thought it was wonderful. If I can afford to stay at a Deluxe again, WL will be the winner hands down! I love the relaxed feeling of the resort and the lobby has such a WOW factor! I feel so welcomed entering the lobby and really love the boat ride to MK.:cloud9:

Ms. Mode
05-13-2010, 12:18 PM
AK seems to be our "home" because my family love to relax in the afternoon watching the animals from the comfort an air-conditioned room. :thumbsup:

However, we have agreed to stay at different resorts to see if there's one we like better.

DisneyMomx2
05-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I think I have to go with Pop Century too. :) We have stayed there more times then any other and I LOVE the WL and Beach Club, but there is just something fun and easy-going about Pop and we always have fun there. Our girls love the pool and its just a comfy place to be for us. :)

AJ Springfield
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
We love PO-R since we have stayed there so many times.... it is as comfortable as can be. But you never know, after June it could be the Poly!!

ransam
05-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Although i've never stayed there, the one resort that i always visit is the Contemp. while POP would be my home base, if i stayed at another value, i probably wouldn't go to the POP, but i would always go to the cont and just walk around. maybe i'll call that my snowbird resort.

Soph and Han's Mom
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
after all the raves about pop we may have to pay it a visit when we're there next month!! my curiosity is piqued!!

LandFan
05-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I'd have to say POP too. Although if I had the $$, I'd stay at AKL more often and that would probably become our "home". We really love both of those resorts!

mjm12000
05-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Well my true home resort is the Bay Lake Tower at the CR as we have our DVC membership there, but to be honest my favorite resort that feels the most like home for me is the Coronado Springs Resort, I just love that place and if they had had a DVC option there I would have bought into it...