PDA

View Full Version : Long Weekend - Crazy???

Figment104
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Well, this year was supposed to be the year with no trip to WDW :fit: since DH and I are going on a two week long trip to England and Scotland. We're totally excited about the trip but now I'm going through complete withdrawl. I was joking with DH that if only we had enough time off we could do a long weekend to WDW in the fall. He decided to point out that he has plenty and it's me that doesn't have enough and that he'd be on board. Well after rearranging some other vacation time (who needs two weeks off at Christmas) it looks like I could actually swing it. So do you think it's crazy to go to Disney for a long weekend just to get a trip in this year and attend MNSSHP?

Thanks! :mickey:

divinedi
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd be there in a minute if I could afford it, even if it was only for a few days!!! If you can swing it, go for it!!!

Ms. Mode
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Doesn't sound crazy to me! I'd go for a DAY if I had the money and my DH would let me! :thumbsup:

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Nope not crazy at all! You only live once why not live it up while you can :mickey:

danicafan
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Not crazy at all. Believe me if it was in my budget for this year I would be going! I am hating the fact that this will be the first year in a long time that I haven't been to DisneyWorld. Good thing I went twice last year!:mickey:

Seasonscraps
05-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I've done long weekends there. It's a quick easy get away from this area.

wildernesslady
05-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Do it. You may be asking the wrong group of people for advice however.

Figment104
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, I just came across the "sticky" in the accomadition section which said there are discounts of up to 40% off deluxe room only so if all else goes well I think that just sealed the deal. I just sent a request to MJ to see where it would put us. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well, and thanks for all the support in my decision!

Do it. You may be asking the wrong group of people for advice however.

You're probably right, but I knew I'd get the support I was looking for :mickey:

Thanks!

vicster
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
You did know we'd all say go for it Figment! Although England and Scotland sound pretty great also! I'd think about taking the chunnel to Paris and going to Disney...

buzznwoodysmom
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
We are doing just that this fall. My hubby is in Iraq and my mom wanted to tag along so my mom, my two sons and myself are going to WDW for 3 nights in Oct. We'll be there Halloween weekend and only plan on going to MNSSHP and Universal for a day to check out the new Harry Pottery land. Its a long drive, and many think we are crazy to do it, but we don't care. We want to experience MNSSHP and my kids won't ever be able to take off more than a few days that early in the school year so here we go........ I think you should definitely go for it.

Figment104
05-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Well we've decided to go for it. I actually just got my confirmation from Debbie at MJ (awesome by the way)!

Now I'm just wayyyy to excited! :woohoo:

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Every little bit helps. Get there when you can, as often as you can, in as many ways as you can. If you can only get a long weekend, that will have to suffice.

tdk316
05-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Go for it, we just received a pin code and booked a long weekend in December just for the adults! It's been a couple of years since just the two of us have been there together so we went for it. :mickey:

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Not crazy at all!

DH and I did it back in March of 2005, and we had a blast! We drove straight through the night from PA, had 3.5 days there, and then drove back. It was truly a last minute trip...we decided Thursday morning that we would leave the next day. Melissa at MJ got us a room at Pop (first stay there), we packed our AP's and dining card, and off we went!

We lucked out because Florida was having days of rain that ended the night before we got there, then started back up about 2 hours after we left! We had nothing but blue skies and warm temps.

Go for it!