PDA

View Full Version : Daytrip on 5/11 for DD Birthday

robnadina
05-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi All
Wanted to share a quick trip report.
Went down to the park yesterday to celebrate DD 2nd birthday. Its a tradition that we go to DL on birthdays.
Got there about an hour after park opened. Got right on the tram after a 5 mintue wait. I have to say, I am not liking the trams with the doors. Such a pain in the you know what when you have a toddler and a stroller. The line for the section of the tram to board with a stroller was long and we felt it stupid to wait. This is the 1st time I have been on the tram since they put the doord on. Not a fan.
Getting through bag check and into the park was a breeze. It being a Tuesday and no major holidays helped with the crowd control.
All rides were a walk on, waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain. The weather was phenomanal! High 60's to low 70's with a bit of a breeze. Couldnt have wished for a better day.
Did all rides in Fantasyland in 45 min, with the longest wait being Dumbo (not Peter Pan surprisingly).
Had lunch at Hungry Bear, where we enjoyed the refilled Rivers of America and feeding the baby ducklings (so cute).
Did alot more walking on this trip than usual as we were enjoying the day and DD was enjoying being a big girl and walking on her own. The crowds were so manageable that we felt comfortable "letting her loose".
Our longest wait of the day was at Mickeys house in Toon Town. People were hoping to get a glimpse of the new Talking Mickey character, who was not out yesterday.
Had dinner at Plaza Inn. DH and I shared the fried chicken plate while DD indulged in a birthday plate of pasta. Topped the afternoon off with sundaes from Gibson girl and a quick stop into Build a Bear. Park closed at 8pm, but we were ready to go by 7pm.
Had a wonderful day and cant wait to get back when World of Color opens.
Thanks for letting me share everyone.

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 01:03 PM
What a wonderful Tradition!:mickey:

NotaGeek
05-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Sounds like a perfect day ... thanks for the report! :mickey:

Disney4us2
05-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Sounds like a great day. Happy Birthday to DD:party: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

It is funny that you mentioned the ducks. My DD still loves to watch the ducks. I take her to DL and she could watch the ducks all day long:)

I asked at City Hall (last Sat)about the talking Mickey. I was told that it was just an experiment and I missed him by one day.

eeyorepoohfan
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for posting! Happy Birthday to your DD!!! Sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate! I'm glad to hear the crowds and weather are nice. I will be at Disneyland with my sisters Saturday-Tuesday! Can't wait!

pdrlkr
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks For the Report! :balloon: