PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's the day....

FriendsofMickey
05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
We leave to start our drive to Disney. My girls still do not know :secret:... I am about to burst.
Tonight, they have gymnastics until 8:30, but I think we are going to pull them out early. That is the first tricky part.
We are probably just going to tell them that dh has training/seminar (which is true) and that we decided to go with him. We are going to leave in the AM and want them to get some extra sleep. I am not sure how they will take this news, all the questions, "where?, what?..." not sure how we are going to answer them.

On the one hand, if we tell them tonight. They will just about burst and probably not fall asleep... On the other hand, if we do not tell them tonight, then I am wondering when in the trip they will figure it out. They are 7 1/2, been there a number of times and smart as whips.... I am wondering if they recognize the route?!?.
Anyway, I am so excited to see their faces when they know. :mickey:

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
How exciting! :thumbsup: I am so jealous that you are leaving tomorrow I have 4 months to go:( Have fun:mickey:

Ms. Mode
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Sounds like fun, I hope you can hold out until they figure it out on their own!

Have a safe trip, and let us know how it went when you get back. I have Disney fever so bad, I want to hear about everyone's trip.:thumbsup:

cer
05-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Yea! How cool! Please let us know how it all turns out. I am sooo excited for you! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh! Savor the surprise and come back and let us know how it went!! It all sounds sooo exciting!!

Soph and Han's Mom
05-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Awesome!!!

KylesMom
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Safe travels to you - have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

vizsla
05-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

FriendsofMickey
05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
A quick update. :mickey:

We decided to not pull the girls out of gymnastics, so that we could keep the surprise as long as possible.
On Thursday morning we woke them up and told them that daddy had to go to training and he was going to take us with him. We had packed everything before (while they were sleeping the night before.). My one daughter says, as we are trying to get out the door, "this feels like we are going to Disney." It was all dh and I could do not to tell them.

When we got in the vehicle the only thing the girls noticed was that we had the keyboard in the car (they have a piano recital coming up and they need to practice). They never even noticed the suitcase. lol!
We made it clear to Savanah, GA the first day. :D We were only a little over four hours drive away. Dh and I were about to bust. The girls guessed a couple of times that we were going to Florida. One of them kept even saying, "Disney"; however, then she would say, "I'm just joking." :D

On Friday, we got up and drove the rest of the way here. Everytime, I saw a sign with Disney on it, I would distract them. (We were playing I spy in the car. ) When we pulled onto Disney property. Dh asked them what it was out of the car that he could spy. Boy did the SCREAM! The one that kept saying Disney, said "what are we doing here?" They were so excited. Said, it was the best surpise they ever had.

We are at the CSR until Thursday, another :secret:, is that when we pack up to leave, we are then going to stay at AKL for two nights. :mickey: We decided not to share that with them quite yet. They have always wanted to stay there, so I am little excited to see there faces....
Oh well, I will try to write an actual trip report when we get back.
I just wanted to come here and share.

It has been a great trip so far. It is hot, but no humidity. A couple of love bugs here and there, but nothing we cannot handle (have seen them much, much worse).
Crowded at MK this afternoon, but we still had a great time.

pianobabe
05-16-2010, 12:52 AM
That sounds wonderful!! Those "surprise"trips are the best. :thumbsup: I hope you have a fantastic time and a safe trip.

RedSoxFan
05-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Sounds like the surprise went well. Glad all is well and sounds like you're enjoying your trip.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2010, 05:17 PM
How wonderful. You pulled off your surprise. We've surprised our boys like that before. We did a vacation at Vero Beach and our boys thought we were on our way home till I asked them to look out the front windshield as we were driving through the WDW gates. I got the same reaction your girls gave you. Lots of screaming and "What are we doing here?". Then again, just this past Nov. we stayed at the Beach Club for Thanksgiving week. We always have breakfast at Ohana's on the day we drive home. While at breakfast we broke the news to them that we weren't going home just yet. We were staying for 3 more nights, at the Poly. They had always wanted to stay there and were so excited. I think you should pack up and let the girls think you are headed home and then pull up at AKL and then tell them you've decided your not quite ready to go home. Oh I love surprises. I hope you all have the most wonderful trip ever!