PDA

View Full Version : Airlines

Karen5
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
We are going on AirTran. Do they have DVD players on the back of the seats. (We are going on coach)

Thanks!!! :mickey: :thumbsup: :)

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
We flew Air Tran last year and they did not have dvd players but a lot can happen in a year.

Davy Crockett
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM
No DVD players, BUT they do have free in-flight WIFI.

ThanxForNoticin
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
No DVD players, BUT they do have free in-flight WIFI.

Along with the WIFI, I believe Airtran also offers free satellite radio during the flight. I'm not someone who travels every week, but I'm not sure I've seen an airline that offers DVD players on the seats....

Brian
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
We flew with AirTran for the first time last year and enjoyed it. They are the only carrier out of our local airport to fly directly to Orlando.

The plane we were on did not have any TVs (either in the seat or overhead). Each seat has its own satellite radio connection. All you need to do is plug in a set of headphones. We found that it was very unreliable, though. For example, on the way down my wife's seat worked and mine kept cutting out. One the way back, it was the opposite.

A guy I work with just flew with them and used their WiFi. He said it worked well with his iPhone. I don't think it was free, though. I think it was about $8 for the entire flight.

Karen5
05-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone!!! :thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
The free WiFi ended (on May 1st I think). We flew out in April (free WiFi) but returned in May (had to pay).

epceddie
05-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Jet Blue has tv's in the headrests. They help make the flights go a lot quicker. We fly with them out of Logan in Boston.