PDA

View Full Version : Is Animal Kingdom crowed on Jan 1st?

senderella
05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I am a Disney girl at heart and usually visit the Kingdom several times a year. Two years ago I became a single mom and obviously my trips were pretty much eliminated. I have the bug so bad! We are finally planning a trip for the first of the year!!! I know that the parks are extremely crowded to the point of closure, especially MK and Epcot. But what about AK? The first full day of our trip will be Jan 1st. I figured AK would be the less crowded of the parks. I think the crowds will (fingers crossed) thin out the rest of the week.

I can't wait to go and really don't care how crowded it is as long as I am in Disney. I miss it so much! Thanks for the info.

Ms. Mode
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
We were there on the 1st of this year and the crowds were not bad...even for a holiday day. The next day (Jan 2nd) they were WAY low...it was great! We loved it so much we schedule another trip for the same time of year 2011. (Maybe we'll see you there...lol)

Make sure you take warm clothing too. The weather is an unknown.

Have fun planning! :mickey:

Bri
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
i was also there for the 1st this year. it was very very crowded the 30 and 31, but once the 1st came is really cleared out. you won't have a problem at all. have fun!