PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom tour

debandbub
05-12-2010, 06:56 AM
I know the general rule is to book as soon as you can, but how quickly does the tours sell out? I have to actually find the time to look at the park schedules and pick a day to do it, and it may not be for another week or two before I can actually get that deep into planning. We leave in 154 days! Yea!!!

Tygger7
05-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I think you'll be fine...I booked my Keys to the Kingdom tour about 50-60 days out and got it on the date I wanted with no problem.

Loweschevy
05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree you can wait a bit yet, they do not generally fill that quick-maybe at busy times. If you have one or two people you could probably squeeze into a tour easily, but larger parties over 4 or 5 may have more difficult time getting a date.

We have done the KTTK Tour and it was was really great- don't forget to ask any questions you have.

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I have two questions....
1. What is the Keys to the Kingdom tour?
2. How do I sign up?

debandbub
05-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the info- hopefully I can start planning soon. Michelle- the Keys to the Kingdom Tour is a "behind the scenes" tour of MK. This is from info central, right here on Intercot:
Keys to the Kingdom:
THE first tour at Walt Disney World covers just about every topic you could ask - while you learn about the 'magic' behind the Magic Kingdom! The "Keys to the Kingdom" tour takes Guests in a full circle across the Magic Kingdom with stops for "backstage" experiences and attraction visits. This 4½ - 5-hour walking tour is a fascinating journey, allowing Guests to "unlock" the door to the Magic Kingdom Park’s history, trivia, and backstage secrets. Guests hear intriguing stories of Walt Disney, his visions, his philosophies, and his accomplishments.

Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend this program. Guests are required to have a photo ID in their possession during the program. Large bags and cameras are not permitted. This is an outdoor walking program.

Daily at 8:30, 9:00 & 9:30 a.m.
$60.00

I think you can just call to make reservations- I do know that Disney Visa Card holders can get a discount when booking.
We are pretty excited to do this!!

Skippy
05-13-2010, 05:54 AM
The base price is now $70.00, but 15% discounts for AAA diamond, Annual passholders, DVC members and 20% for Disney Visa cardholders are available. The reservation number is 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687).

Great tour with back information on Walt Disney and how and the park was built, land acquired etc. They'll go over little details that are often taken for granted, and give neat little facts about certain attractions and landmarks. You also get to go backstage between a couple attractions and underground into the Utilidors.

The guides are rather knowledgeable, so be sure to ask questions. Keep in mind there are likely two answers for every question, depending if you're "on stage" or not, and some questions may not be answerable--one guy on our tour kept trying to get out of the guide how many guests go through the park daily. The guide kept answering "More than 1" and explained Disney keeps that as a trade secret and will not divulge attendance.

last edit... We did the 9AM tour, but check in is 15 minutes prior inside at Guest Relations. So we asked a security guard how do we check in when the park doesn't open until 9. He said "follow me" and proceeded to create an opening through the crowd of people waiting at rode drop and squeezed us through the entrance gates. Once inside, they offered coffee or water and we got to watch the flood of people come pouring in. Was weird to see Main Street empty with just a few CMs putting finishing touches on the brass rails.

DonLefNY
05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I've done this tour 3 times. One time I spoke to one of the CM's at the sign in table off to the side and convinced her to ask my wife for her ID as she did not look old enough. :D

Kairi_7378
05-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I booked my tour while in WDW... the night before I took it!

debandbub
05-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info and input. I feel better knowing that I have a little bit of time- hopefully this week I can start planning! Yea!:thumbsup:

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if motorized scooters/chairs are allowed on this tour? My husband and I did the Gardens of the World 3 hour walking tour at Epcot last month and since we both have numerous problems with our feet we could barely walk at the end of the tour. The pain did not go away and we suffered foot pain the rest of our stay at Disneyworld due to the extended time we were on our feet during that tour. We would love to be able to take the Keys to the World tour but it would be physically impossible for us to do so unless we used motorized scooters.