PDA

View Full Version : Most under-rated restaurants

Giselle
05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Just back from the World :) and wanted to say how great these two restaurants are:

1. Garden Grille - The food is great, the atmosphere is nice since the restaurant revolves slowly as you are eating, and the character interaction is great - Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Pluto. Much better food than many other character dining and not too hard to get into. It is a must do on our list every time.

2. Columbia Harbor House - I don't know how this restaurant gets overlooked, but it does. When we were there last week the parks were relatively crowded, but when we went in CHH, it was deserted, quiet, and cool. I love their veggie sandwich, DH loves their tuna sandwich, the kids can color and walk around a little. It just can't be beat for a CS meal at MK if you ask me.

What other restaurants do you think are underrated or overlooked?

i'm grumpy
05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Harbor House is great. Hours seem to be limited though. We like Pecos Bill's and the fixin' bar. :D

disneymom15
05-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree, Harbor House is great. I also like the Plaza in MK.

afowl1017
05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
The CHH is a must for my hubby. He loves eating there! And I have been wanting to try the Garden Grille for some time....good to now you enjoyed those and I will keep GG on my radar!

buzznwoodysmom
05-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I think Kona Cafe is often overlooked because of Ohana's, but we've had both breakfast and dinner at Kona and those have been some of our best meals in WDW. Its one of our favorite places to eat when on vacation.

queenmom9497
05-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Agreed that Columbia Harbor House is an undiscovered gem. We like to go there and sit on the 2nd floor by a window to eat, cool off, relax and people watch.:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
05-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I would agree with Columbia Harbor House. We love to go here when it's not really busy and sit upstairs. I love their hummus sandwich and everything always seems so fresh. Plus you always get tons of food.

SBETigg
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
For TS:
Grand Floridian Cafe

For QS:
Yakitori House in Japan

diz_girl
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
TS - GFC
The GF has so many restaurants, that this gets overlooked. The GFC has no characters and is not a signature dining restaurant either.

CS - CHH
Because of the architecture of Liberty Square, so many people don't realize that there is a restaurant there. I love their salads.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Starring Rolls in Hollywood Studios...they have delicious gourmet deli sandwiches and great pastries....

GenieOfPA
05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I think Kona Cafe is often overlooked because of Ohana's

I agree. Infact, i'm one of those people haha. I've never eaten at Kona (I usually do O'hanas) but my girlfriend's family raves about Kona, so when we go in a few weeks it will be our first stop after landing! I hear the Tonga Toast is the best! Can't wait to try it! :eat::thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
05-12-2010, 06:29 PM
We tried 2 new (i.e. new for us) EPCOT CS resturants for the first time our last trip and loved them:

Yakitori House in Japan. Very quite & peaceful area! Loved the chicken & rice!

Sunshine Seasons in Future World inside the Land area. Huge variety of choices. Great desert options!

I was surprised that we had not eaten at either location before.

elmjimmlm
05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I really haven't read a lot about Yak and Yeti and we absolutely love it!!! I think that it has to be one of the best at Disney!!!

CuteAsMinnie
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Harbor House has always been a favorite of ours. You can usually find us there for lunch whenever we visit MK.

Peco Bills is another frequently overlooked restaurant. Best burgers in the :mickey:World

Gusgus
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Beaches and cream for their food. Their ice cream is great but so is their food. Best WDW burger IMO.

Gusgus

dream6
05-12-2010, 10:36 PM
You always learn new things here!

For one, I didn't realize Columbia Harbor House is a counter service restaurant. I'll definitely have to stop by next time. We ate there during the Keys to the Kingdom tour but everything was already prepared for us so it was a different experience.

Also, and I kind of feel silly for not knowing this, I hadn't realized there was a counter service in Japan. Could someone please tell me where in the pavilion it is? Because it's another I would love to try!

Fastpasssteve
05-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I deeply agree with Giselle. I love the Garden Grill and don't know why it isn't more popular. I must say, on my first visit to The Land, I didn't hardly notice the restaurant. It doesn't have a large, flashy sign in front. I love the food and have had great times there with the characters.

snowflakegirl
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
dream6, as you're standing looking into the Japan area, Yakitori House is up to your left near the rear of the plaza. There are some tables outside next to the water and trees that are lovely to sit at with your food if it's not too hot/humid. I love the Yakitori House and it's always one of my must do CS places.

I'm so happy to hear all the positive reviews of the Harbor House. I've never eaten there before (to be honest, I've never really noticed it before) but my boyfriend and I are planning on having lunch there on our arrival day.

McLiberal8
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
My fave is Sunshine Seasons. I am a vegetarian so I LOVE the options. The food is always great and fresh.
Plus, I have DREAMS:cloud9: about the Strawberry Shortcake there!