PDA

View Full Version : Q re: cruising w/ kids that fit both age groups for the youth clubs...

Dsnygirl
05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
We are hoping to do a 4nt cruise next summer, and I've been looking at the activities they have on-board for the kids.

Our girls, based on their ages when we cruise, will fall into two different categories for the youth clubs. Our youngest will be 10, and thus fits into the "Oceanear" group... our older DD will be 12, and thus fits into the "Edge" group.

Not that my girls are inseperable, but they really enjoy being together, and definitely would feel more comfortable joining into the same activities, esp. since we wouldn't be involved.

My 10 yr old will be almost 11, and I don't think will really enjoy having her activities mixed in with 3, 4 and 5 year olds (the age group for the "Oceanear Club" is 3-10) - I know she'd really enjoy the hands-on activities they describe for the "Edge" group, which is ages 11-13.

Does anybody have any experience with Disney letting siblings who are close to the age levels like this be together in one group or the other?? I have friends who have cruised other cruise lines, and their kids were allowed to "cross over" at different times so they could be together.

Just wondering if Disney allows this, so we'll know what to expect... thanks!

Tink1
05-11-2010, 03:38 PM
My youngest "crossed" into the older group with his brother. He was 2 months shy of hitting that group. When they are close in age to the next group, I have found they take it on a case by case basis.

That said, neither of mine actually spent much time in the group anyway. They liked hanging out with each other or us.

Nanc

TammiMcMan
05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't have any problems at all.