PDA

View Full Version : Gift with purchase???

luvDaMouse
05-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Does anyone who has been there recently or is there now know what the gift with purchase is??? I have to admit I am a sucker for those! I have a couple of the throws and I love the 4 park lithographs that I got a couple of years ago. I had them framed and they are hanging in my office at work :) I didnt care for the watches they had last time and I didnt get the duffle bag either. What's available now??

DisneyFan4Life
05-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I was there two weekends ago. The gift with purchase I saw was a windbreaker. I bleieve it folded up into a little bag. I think it was around $16. :unsure:

DDuck66
05-11-2010, 05:36 PM
The jacket was quite nice actually for a windbreaker, but they do run a little small. I got a XXL and it is too tight in the arms for me..The DW took it off my hands and she keeps it in her car.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Got the windbreaker, and also a cute new Disney tote bag.

Fastpasssteve
05-11-2010, 11:34 PM
I love things like that...especially when they can't be bought at other times or places. It's a keepsake from that one special trip. Plus, it's free!

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I have 3 of the totes. I buy one it seems every year they have that deal. The DH keeps asking why I need another one? And I just say because I do! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I have 3 of the totes. I buy one it seems every year they have that deal. The DH keeps asking why I need another one? And I just say because I do! :mickey:

I agree with you! :high5: They are great bags, too! So durable! I've been using the same one for several years for all kinds of things, from carryon to beach to books. Still going strong, but my new one is pretty!:mickey:

Bethanymouse
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I always fall for these "deals" and look forward to them! Thanks for posting!

tdk316
05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Saw you brought up the totes and just had to say that I LOVE ours! The kids know we're going somewhere when that thing comes out!

i'm grumpy
05-22-2010, 09:15 AM
:D 2 pc luggage set, Mickey beach towel, watch,
castle frame and ?? :confused:

I do think the merchandise was better than last year. :) :)

ANG
05-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know how often they change the promotions? We're going in November, do you think it will be different?

jnfr2424
05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know how often they change the promotions? We're going in November, do you think it will be different?

We go every November for Thanksgiving and last year alone we brought back the duffle bag with wheels, his and her watches, throws, and a picture frame.

DisneyFr33k
05-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I love things like that...especially when they can't be bought at other times or places. It's a keepsake from that one special trip. Plus, it's free!

They aren't free, are they? I paid extra for mine.

I love the Disney blanket we got for an extra $15 a couple year ago. It has Minnie, Mickey and Pluto all seated by the fireplace. We keep it downstairs draped over a chair. When the kids are cold or home sick, they curl up in it.

i'm grumpy
05-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Luggage set was $16.95, towel $10.95. Frame was 9.99 I think.

doombuggy
06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Technically, they are purchase with purchase and they vary...not all shops carry the same promotion.

Bethanymouse
07-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Anyone know what the current promotion is?

whitney37354
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
The first week in June it was either a beach towel or a set of two luggage; or a beach towel or picture frame, depending on the store.

DH went shopping alone one night and came back with the beach towel. It's nice, but beware that the blue & brown dyes will run! I've had to use Color Catchers & bleach pens and still need to use the bleach pen again to get the blue dye out of one of DH's white Mickey shirts.

magicofdisney
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
My favorites are the totes. They are good quality, very durable and a great value. I only 3 now (all different) and look forward to future bags. All of them are in use.

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 07:07 PM
I got a Halloween tote 2 years ago. Love it!

garthbarth1
07-13-2010, 09:53 PM
this is the first I have heard of this type of promotion...and this will be our fourth consecutive visit. (some a few years apart.)
Is there only one store this is in...is it advertised? Thanks for any info you can give me...I love promotional deals :mickey:

hokies4life
07-14-2010, 05:24 AM
We were there July 2-7th and our hotel (Pop) and I think DTD had the luggage and beach towel, certain Epcot locations had the tote bag and rain jacket, MK had a castle picture frame and the rain jacket, and DHS had the rain jacket (and something else I can't remember at the moment :secret::blush:).

Most the items were buy $20-40 and get the other item for $10-20. (Ex. luggage was buy $40 get the luggage for $16.95)

Simba 1
07-17-2010, 06:22 AM
garthbarth1 - These are called Purchase with Purchase and are in most larger merchandise locations (Mouse Gear, Emporium, World of Disney, etc). They are usually right at the register. If you spend a certain $$ amount, you qualify to purchase the promotional item. We were there in Dec 2009 and they were selling the most soft fleece blankets I ever felt and there was a different design per park. I think it was spend $40 and get the blanket for ~$14. I bought the one at the Magic Kingdom which was dark blue with the castle all lit up with white Christmas lights. I sooooo wish I got a few more of those. The kids fight over it all the time!

I also have a canvas tote from a trip years ago and it's so study. I love it.

garthbarth1
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
thanks Simba 1 :) We have been five years in a row and I never noticed it when checking out. I will have to pay more attention this next trip!!