PDA

View Full Version : room safe

Tyson The Lab
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
ok, I have seen it mentioned somewhere that there are wall safes in the rooms. I'm going to be staying at POR and i'm wondering: 1) are they free to use or do they charge? 2) how big are the safes? big enough for a camera and laptop etc?? would anyone have a rough measurement??

JoF
05-11-2010, 03:53 AM
I do not know exact measurements but I would say that the safe would definitely not be big enough for a laptop. You might be able to get a small digital camera in but basically the safe is usually just big enough to slot passports and any travel documents in. It is probably only a couple of inches in width.

KylesMom
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Rough guess on the size? Somewhere around 10" wide x 8" tall by 3.5" deep. We keep our extra cash & assorted travel documents in the safe, and when not in use, we can squeeze in our small hand-held video recorder. However, our nicer digital camera does not fit. They are free of charge to use.

crltkcagle
05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Its not big enough to fit a laptop or a big camera. We could barely fit my husbands medications and wallets and jewelry in it. They are free to use, the key is in the lock when you get in the room.

Going2HeavenRU
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know if the safes are the same size for all resorts but we were able to get our laptop (with a 15 inch screen) into the safe at Pop Century last year along with our extra money and id.

The safe is narrow but tall. We just stood the laptop up (not like a book but flat against the back of the safe). Again, the safe may be different at POR.

Michelle15
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Definitely not big enough for a lap top! We just locked ours up in our luggage. The safe is free and comes with a key.

Have a fun trip :mickey:

AllDisney
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
On our last visit the safe was only good for small things we did not care to take to the park (extra cash, car keys etc.).

Luv4WDW
05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Our safe at the GF last summer was huge by these comparisons! Ours probably couldn't have held a laptop, but it was more square in shape.... we kept our passports, wallets, camera and other things in there with room to spare.

DisneyDoug2
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
We have stayed at various resorts (WL, AK, Contempory, and CBR) and always found the safes to be all the same size roughly 10"x8"x3" with a digital lock. They are large enough to get the kids gameboys and IPODs in and a few other things only.