PDA

View Full Version : POR mini review

Ksmith75
05-10-2010, 08:00 PM
We just got back 6 days ago from our 9 night stay at POR. It was our 3rd stay there in the past 4 years. We had a great stay. Though we requested a close Bayou room - we did get a Mansion Room all the way in the back of the building (no complaints - we were just a party of 2 adults - and those rooms can sleep 5 so we understand)...but the room was so quiet and peaceful - only a 5-7 minute walk to the main lobby, store, and dining. We were only a 1 minute walk from the bus - so that was awesome.

Anyhow - mousekeeping was great. We had Elizabeth cleaning our room - she did a great job, a couple of times we got back early in the afternoon and she hadnt gotten to our room yet, but she loaded us up on towels and supplies - since we didnt want service. The room was nice and clean....and always cool when we got back.

Riverside Mill - it was pretty good. We ate dinner there a few times and a lunch and breakfast. No complaints...the pasta station and the create your own salad was very very good.

Fultons general Store - great selection of necessities and souvis.

Luggage storage - we got there early and they stored our luggage - really friendly staff.

Pool area and laudry room at bulding 90 - nice and clean.

Friendly front desk staff.

Boat service to FQ and DTD was great, some of the boat captains were wonderful. There was one guy (can't remember his name) he had all sorts of Disney trivia and facts.

All in all - wonderful wonderful place to stay!

afowl1017
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the review! It was short and sweet...to the point. We are trying to decide if we want to stay here or the Poly. This sure helps :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Awesome we will be there in 9 days!!!

Frog
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
We too love this place.. the ambiance, the boat ride, and yes, even the occasional wrong path and get a little turned around... all good stuff...
but it is kinda forced upon us as we have five...
Sure would like to try other places some day!!
Disney, could you see it in your heart to add a trundle bed or two to some other resorts, just so we could experience other magical spots?? :)

Stu29573
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
We are going to be there in November. Last time we stayed at FQ, but we decided we would like a change (not that there was anything wrong with FQ at all!) I stayed in Alligator Bayou when it was Dixie Landings, so we were kind of hoping for the mansions this time...

Rekenna
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the review, we will be staying at POR for the 1st time in late Nov/early Dec and can't wait!

5MemphisTiggers
05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
My wife and I stayed in Magnolia Terrace (85) last September for our anniversary and loved it. Your review reads much like our experience. We really enjoyed the grounds, and the boat ride to and from DTD was great.

We hope to get back soon with the kids.

AJ Springfield
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Glad you had a nice time.... it feels like home after you stay there. One year we were driving to the POR and saw all the other hotels along the highway and thought "why don't we try staying off property??" ...once we stepped inside the lobby we both said that we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Half the joy of a WDW vacation is the resort!!

#1donaldfan
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Great review...I'm glad you had a great time and that our "little home away from home" is still as wonderful as I remember !! We should be there in about 36 days....so you can guess we're getting a bit excited....!!!!:party:

garymacd
05-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Just booked for a Grand Gathering at POR in October. Can't wait!

Great report.

Itchy
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
We will be there in 8 days. Look forward to the visit there as it is the first time for this resort.

Thanks for the report I cant wait...:yay::joy:

Jeff T
05-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Did your POR room have a tube TV or flat screen TV?

JWB3
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the review!
We're heading there for 6 nights in October 2 - 8 and have stayed in the Bayou section twice previously. You mentioned a quiet section of one of the Mansions - can you tell me which one and which section or range of room #'s? We don't mind the walk, and prefer quiet to proximity to the main buildings.
Thanks!

Genie1953
05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
We stayed there in 2005 and just knew we had to stay again....so we were there for a 9 night/10 day stay last month....we loved it. Both times we stayed in the mansion section (Oak Manor building). When we were there in April we took a stroll through the Alligator Bayou section and found a mousekeeper who was just finishing up cleaning a vacated corner room. She let us take a peek at the room and we fell in love with it as well as the landscaping in the bayou section. We will be trying for a room like that on our next trip.

#1donaldfan
05-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Did your POR room have a tube TV or flat screen TV?

The last time we were there, the tv's were still the older style...not flat screen.....we don't stay in the room very long, so for us it's not a thing....:cool:

Ksmith75
05-16-2010, 06:04 PM
We were in building 90 - in room 9019 - it was near the parking lot (but no noise came from it) . I was very peaceful and wonderful!

Tyson The Lab
05-16-2010, 11:43 PM
From what i've read, there is a boardwalk or paved path that goes around the water??? Basically I'm asking is it wise to bring bikes?? I stayed at FW last time and we could ride all over. How is it at POR?? how long to do the full circuit?

Genie1953
05-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Yes there is a paved path that you can ride a bike on. I believe it is marked but for the life of me I can't remember how long it is. You can also rent bikes there....not sure how much it costs though.

#1donaldfan
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
From what i've read, there is a boardwalk or paved path that goes around the water??? Basically I'm asking is it wise to bring bikes?? I stayed at FW last time and we could ride all over. How is it at POR?? how long to do the full circuit?

....we've walked the paved path to the FQ, it's not a loop, but along the water, also, along the mansion side, are paths along the water, however you'll traverse the same path back....there are a zillion walkways, but have truly never seen much bike traffic on them....for me, I'd say don't take them to POR, they'll just not be of much use....but, I could be wrong....:thumbsup:

AJ Springfield
05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
In 2006 we took the boat to POFQ for swimming. When it started to rain we were kind of stuck-- the pool was closed and the boat was not running. We could have waited for a bus, but we just started walking on the path that runs along the water....it was WONDERFUL- even in the rain!! It didn't take that long to walk it --- I am almost glad that it rained since it gave us the chance to see the landscaping that you would only get to see if you were riding on the boat.

finaldynasty
05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Great review!! We have 34 days and 9 hours before we leave and we are very excited!!

We have only received good reviews from folks who have stayed at this property.

MNDisney Dad
05-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Great to hear. Leaving today! POR one of our favs.

JWB3
05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
We were in building 90 - in room 9019 - it was near the parking lot (but no noise came from it) . I was very peaceful and wonderful!

Thanks for the info! We'll be sure to mention that when we forward room requests.
131 days and counting!