PDA

View Full Version : Layover question

Mitzie
05-10-2010, 02:44 PM
We booked our flights with Airtran last night. We are flying out of Grand Rapids, MI but it is not a non-stop flight. We will fly to Baltimore then on to Orlando. There is a 50 min. layover. When we booked and picked our seats, it had us pick seats on two different planes so I assume we have to move planes...is that 50 min. time window enough time at the airport to grab a sandwich to take on the plane?

gauvin4
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I think it should be enough time. I have never had an issue with short layovers.

disneymom15
05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I think it depends on if you have no delays. Also, is your connecting flight in the same terminal. We've flown into Cincinnati (I think?) and have had to hop on a bus, get transported to a different terminal, and just made our flight. We had about 55 minutes between our flights.

deedeebee
05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
That sounds like the flight we booked last week! We usually fly out of Flint, but with Airtran in GR, why not? We checked the connecting airport and it looks like the connection will be fine. Some good choices in that airport too. Have a great flight:mickey:

SallyMcQueen
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
As long as you don't get delayed coming in 50 min should be fine. I'd just take a look at a map of the airport to see if the flights will be from the same terminal. I would think that they would be since they are both domestic AirTran flights.