PDA

View Full Version : Croc flip flops or Fit Flops?

clausjo
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm planning on getting a new pair if flip flop type shoes for the summer and my trips to the parks. I just get too hot in socks and sneakers and would much rather wear sandals. Crocs are so comfy, I was thinking about trying a pair of the flip flop syle. I've also been reading a lot about the fit flops. I'm not really looking for toning, just a comfy sandal. Any suggestions?

Figment52
05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
My dd was looking at possibly getting fit flops, but then she read reviews that the part that goes between the toes broke often. Not ok when they're at least $50 a pop. She normally wears Reef brand, and is probably just going to get another pair of those.

disneyluva
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Have worn the croc "capri" flip flop to the world on two separate trips - would NEVER go without them again!!!! Being from NY, I MUST wear flips in FL. Wore these "capris" for 7 days straight - TWICE!!! No foot pain, no back pain, no irritation between the toes, no shin splints (which I have often had with my good Nike Airs on previous trips). They are reasonable at about $35, and super comfy with the little dots on the insoles to massage your feet.

Hope that helps!! Enjoy!

DisneyLuver91
05-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Honestly, I bring my FitFlops every year and would never go without them. They are so comfy and perfect for those hot hot summer days! For added magic, buy a pair of Mickey FitFlops at the Emporium! If you walk on sand, you'll leave some Mickey silhouettes!

plutosnana
05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Are you talking about the WDW crocs? U should go with Crocs but sooo not from WDW. A long time ago my little sister was walking as we headed to main street. Then, all of a sudden, both of her (sooo cute) green flip flops broke. She went on my dad's shoulders and we headed for the WDW crocs. And my dad is a germ freak so he would so not let us go bare feet, let alone touch the chain ropes while waiting in line! So we bought WDW crocs 4 like 30 bucks!!!:eyes: It was a big waste of money. I mean you could get them at least 10 bucks cheaper at Target! Anyways, just go with Crocs from a non WDW store. Unless they give you blister like they do to me. Then I'd go with nice STURDY flip flops

Ms. Mode
05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
For added magic, buy a pair of Mickey FitFlops at the Emporium! If you walk on sand, you'll leave some Mickey silhouettes!

This sounds fun:)

tinkergal
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I did fine w/ Mickey Crocs flops last year. But I bought some of the Mickey Fit Flops in the park & returned them w/in an hour. I'm a big flip flop wearer & the toning aspect was not the issue. They were just SO rigid between the toes & uncomfortable that they did not suit me. I've been wearing the Skechers Tone-Ups for the last couple weeks & will be taking them to the parks this year. Hope you find something that works just right for you! :mickey:

Soph and Han's Mom
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
fit flops all the way...i wear mine everywhere!!

mjm12000
05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I say fit flops or some form of flip flop only because after wearing crocs on a few trips I realized that they can get very very slippery on the inside and outside when wet and we all know how much it can rain at WDW, I have wipped out a few times from slipping in the inside of crocs or from the croc slipping on the wet ground... I switched to these great Nike flip flops that are super soft and cushiony and have neopreen as the thong between the toes which means no chaffing and no blisters as the neopreen is soft and spongee allowing for no skin irritation.

kakn7294
05-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I've worn both the Crocs Capri style and FitFlops. Between the two, i prefer my FitFlops. I find that sometimes the little nubs on the Crocs get a bit irritating, especially where the raised ridge by the toe strap hits my foot. I also seem to wear the bottoms out on the Crocs Capris quickly, making them slippery on wet surfaces. The FitFlops are more comfortable for me. I have 3 pairs and never had a problem with the strap breaking (knocking on wood as I say this).

magicofdisney
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I say neither. :) My preferred shoe is the Birki Caribbean Sandal. This is the best shoe, by far, for Disney. :number1:

Daisy'sMom
05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I wore my croc sandals on Saturday. They were wonderful.:mickey:

Melanie
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I love my Fit Flops. I've had a pair of black ones for a couple years now (and have had no problems with construction) and just this past weekend bought a pair of the brown Mickey style. Can't wait to wear them all over the resort!!!

Highly recommend Fit Flops!:thumbsup:

forever a child
05-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Keen Sandals all the way!:thumbsup:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Have worn the croc "capri" flip flop to the world on two separate trips - would NEVER go without them again!!!! Being from NY, I MUST wear flips in FL. Wore these "capris" for 7 days straight - TWICE!!! No foot pain, no back pain, no irritation between the toes, no shin splints (which I have often had with my good Nike Airs on previous trips). They are reasonable at about $35, and super comfy with the little dots on the insoles to massage your feet.

Hope that helps!! Enjoy!

OK, y'all help a guy out here. We're going to WDW in June, and I'm sick and tired of wearing my running shoes with socks, and getting blisters on my toes EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

I'm assuming that these crocs, sandals, and other shoes you are talking about are women's shoes.

So, what about a similar shoe for us fellas?
Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?

Belster
05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Our past 3 trips to the world I have worn croc flip flops for 10 days. They are wonderful!! I have bad ankles and did not have one problem. I bring two pairs and switch them out every other day.

Belster
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm assuming that these crocs, sandals, and other shoes you are talking about are women's shoes.

Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?[/QUOTE]

My husband wears the traditional croc when we go to WDW. He only brings the one pair and has no problems at all. He has a black pair and we bring black no show socks o wear just in case if he needs them.

VWL Mom
05-12-2010, 07:21 AM
OK, y'all help a guy out here. We're going to WDW in June, and I'm sick and tired of wearing my running shoes with socks, and getting blisters on my toes EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?

Bought DH a pair before our last trip. He gave me that "I'm not wearing them" look. Once he tried them, he became a believer! Sign up for emails on the Croc's site. They run some great specials.

Disneyfan28
05-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I have always worn crocs in the past & never had a problem. Last yr on our first day I bought the mickey fitflops.....i never wore any of my other shoes the entire trip(10 days). They never hurt my feet once they are soooo comfy I plan to take them this year and im only packing one other pr of shoes for running.

7 days till im home!!!!!!:mickey::mickey:

lettripp
05-12-2010, 08:06 AM
FITFLOPS ARE THE GREATEST!! Honestly, I didn't know what shoe comfort was until I bought my pair, and I find every possible excuse I can to wear them!

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 10:28 AM
:thumbsup:Great tips! I am currently looking for some comfortable sandals for my next trip!

clausjo
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I just ordered a pair of the croc flip flops online. I tried them on in a store but they didn't have the color I wanted. They seemed really comfortable. I hope I made the right decision!

MadMadamMim
05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
I would say whichever you chose just make sure you wear them pretty often before vacation. I bought the Croc flip flops and didn't wear them before I went and the first day I wore them they have me the worst blisters on the tops of my feet. I was sad and never wore them again.

LauraByTheSea
05-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I LIVE in flippies (really, I do.. I have over 40 pair!), so when I got my Crocs I was excited. I have the originals, Athens, and they are OK, but not super. I wore them a couple years ago at WDW and while they were much better than regular flips, I probably wouldn't wear them again. Last month when I went I wore my New Balance sneaks and was much more comfy.

clausjo
05-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, I was in Nordstrom Rack yesterday at lunch and guess what I found??? FitFlops for $35!!! Of course, I had to try on a pair and I bought them. They're really comfy. I wore them walking my kids to school this morning and I'm liking them very much. Now all I need to do is wait for my crocs to arrive and test those out. I'm sure I'm going to end up keeping both! Gotta love Disney for giving me another "reason" to buy shoes!!! :blush: