PDA

View Full Version : Question for the WDW CMs on the boards

Speedy1998
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
What is the attendence like this year? Are you seeing a big decline in the number of guest? The reason I asked is that after swearing I would never do a summer trip again, the deals turned out to be too good, so we booked the trip. My logic with the kids stay and play for free offer attendence must be way off. The I tried to get an ADR at LTT and it was completely filled most nights till 8pm which to me says big crowds? So now I am confused are the crowds lighter than normal or about the same and they are just not staying on property?

WDWdriver
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, we all know that Disney doesn't release attendance numbers, so I'm guessing here. My own observation is that attendance is up, well above the average for this time of year. Yes, the economy is down, but people have been planning and saving for their vacations, and they are still coming to WDW.

According to the backstage rumors attendance is up. But resort reservations are down and merchandise revenues are down. That would mean that more of our guests are staying at off-property hotels, and they are buying fewer Disney souvenirs. I have also observed that more guests are bringing their own food into the parks and are avoiding the park restaurants.

The bottom line - there is no longer an off season at WDW. The parks are crowded most of the year, but guests are more creative in finding ways to cut corners and save money.

Speedy1998
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks.