PDA

View Full Version : who is ok with the horrid heat in september?

dyin tago
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
hi,

wife and I have beaten ourselves to death whether to continue this year to do disney during free dining in september or go in winter or early spring to escape the heat and humidity.

only drawback is we love the waterparks,wet rides and a couple of quick beach trips which are not guaranteed with weather in winter or early spring.

we would hate to have cold weather or have to wear jackets when we visit.:mickey:

Speedy1998
05-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I am, but then I live in Houston, in Sept we are usually hotter than WDW is.

Rekenna
05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
DH and I agree with you, we went the last week of Sept one year for free dining and almost melted. So last year we went the last week of October and there was a heat wave, so it was pretty warm then as well. This year we are going the week after Thanksgiving so we will see...

DH and I went for a long weekend in late Feb, and the weather in Florida was something like the 2nd coldest winter in Florida history. Seriously-late Feb early March I was wearing an undershirt, turtleneck, t-shirt, heavy sweater, gloves, jeans, warm sock and gym shoes-all at once! I probably could have used another layer.

I guess you just never know-but for us I would rather be in the sunny cooler weather than the stifling heat-I'm just a wuss, and I get sun poisoning at the drop of a hat.

We do love going in the Fall, we really enjoy the weather and MNSSHP.

Have fun, not matter what you decide!:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
We almost always go in the summer. Sure it is hot but there are always ways to beat the heat. Taking a break back to your resort to go swimming during the hottest part of the afternoon is one of the easiest ways to beat it. Also keeping hydrated is another must do.

We have been in October and been almost as hot. For us, being hot at Disney is almost a right of passage!:D

cajundisneyfreak
05-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm from south Louisiana so Florida heat is nothing.I just went to WDW in February and it was freezing.After that trip I'll take the heat anyday.lol

DizneyRox
05-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Compared to July, September is sweater weather!

LorrieP
05-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I love it!! We live in Maine and once September gets here you know the cold and snow isn't far behind. My husband drives an oil delivery truck so we can't go in the dead of winter, but if we can stretch summer just a little longer by going to HOT Florida, I'm all for it!!

kakn7294
05-10-2010, 08:38 AM
We go in July or August and I love it! It makes my life so much easier when it comes to packing - we never need pants or jackets!

onjbj
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I love it too! The heat doesn't bother me a bit, especially since so many of the line areas are either shaded or air conditioned. We just stay hydrated and duck into a shop or restaurant for a moment if we need to cool down.

disneymom15
05-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I love the heat. It doesn't bother me at all.

vicster
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
It's September for me! The heat and humidity is usually manageable - last September was hotter and more humid than previous years but FL was warmer than norm. Went one year in October and we had to wear light jackets. If I wanted to do that I would've stayed home. Going in September is a perfect ending to our summer. It's hit or miss with the weather. Sometimes when we come home it's 90 degrees in Chicago.

Ms. Mode
05-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Our first three trips to WDW were in August, it was so hot and humid we were rating the rides for how long you stayed in the air conditioning.

We went in January this year and they had record breaking lows. We loved it and plan to go again January 2011. :mickey:

It's a very different trip in winter months, but both times of year are great...I just love WDW!

dyin tago
05-10-2010, 05:00 PM
great input everyone!

dw and I are considering sticking with a week in early september and having the quick service dining as a bonus:mickey:

PopPhan
05-10-2010, 06:29 PM
We make our annual trek from PA to WDW mid-to-late September and, honestly, the temps rarely bother us. We have just gotten through the worst of our summer weather and are pretty well acclimated to the heat and humidity. That said, we take lots of indoor breaks and stay hydrated, break in the middle of the day for some pool time, and keep going until the parks close.

faline
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I like the hot weather. Yes, you need to slow down and air conditioned spots do feel good but it's also nice to feel like it really is summer!

Alaska Disney Fan
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Love September, if i can stretch summer out and get one last shot of hot days - I know I can survive the long winter!!!

Carolanne
05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I used to be ok with the September heat, but not so much over the last few years. Now I try to stick with October & November, Nov preferred.

g8rgirl29
05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Love the temps in September!!! Last year was a bit on the humid side but we still really enjoyed it!! We love to go to the water parks at this time of year!! The crowds are so much more manageable this time of year.

#1disneyfan
05-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I actually love Disney in September and wish we could go then still. DD is getting ready to start high school, so pulling her out for Disney trips is pretty much out of the question. We now go in July, and we melt, but survive.

I say go in September, pack your shorts and swim stuff, and enjoy the free dining!

DisneyNut6777
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
:mickey: Oh, I don't know. DW and I were there in 2009 (August) and it was very hot. Humid. Seems like I went to bed with my hand sticking up in the air from holding a cold drink in my hand all day.:D Really though, I reckon it comes down to whatever your comfortable with. DW and I are either coming down in October or Dec of this year. Am concerned that Dec might be too cool. Vacation time does not come available until Oct so not much choice for an earlier trip time. But August of last year was really miserable for us, but for those that can deal with it, Rock on!! I can't deal with the Heat stroke:ill: But you cannot control the weather! Have a magical time!:mickey:

Pally
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
For us, being hot at Disney is almost a right of passage!:D

:ditto:

Figment104
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
We're thinking about a trip in mid sept as well (long weekend), how about rain? I was thinking it would probably be like June and July where it's really warm and then almost like clockwork have that afternoon t-storm that last about a half hour or so. I never really worried about rain until our last trip in May 09 and a tropical depression stalled out over us for 3 days. Still better to have rain in WDW than be anywhere else. :mickey:

i'm grumpy
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Hard to say. One year miserable heat, another Hurricane Jeanne.

TikiGoddess
05-13-2010, 01:37 PM
We go almost exclusively in the summertime, because my DH and I are teachers.

That being said, if I could go to WDW in April or May every year, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The heat and humidity in August was almost unbearable at times last year. We are headed to WDW in June this year -- I'm not expecting it to be any cooler, but we've had better luck with the weather being manageable in June/July than August.

And yes, it's doable... just not as pleasant as the milder temperatures in the Spring.

Kathy

Daisy'sMom
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Hot is hot no matter when or where. August and September is usually the hottest, by the first week of October, our family is praying for cooler weather. Last year we went the last week of September with family members for CT. They almost melted in the heat. We tried to tell them. This year they are insisting on November.:mickey:
Rainy season is usually the in the summer, when the air from the Atlantic and Gulf collide over Florida. I love the storms it brings.

mdricks
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Im completely OK with Orlando Septembers.

(I always go to WDW in November.:thedolls:)

MNNHFLTX
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I definitely try to avoid the summer months at WDW as much as possible, even though the heat and humidity are nothing new to me. However, if it was the only time that my family and I could go, then I would grin and bear it. ;)