PDA

View Full Version : This has been the most unreal 2 yrs

Itchy
05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
My family and I have had the most unreal 2 years.

2 yrs ago I lost my father (85) to cancer. It was a tough loss but he had a great life. He is missed greatly.

1 Yr later my younger brother was diagnosed with colon cancer. After surgery and chemo he is cancer free now.

This year my aunt was diagnosed with colon cancer and has had surgery and undergoing extensive chemo and radiation treatments.

Just when we thought it could not get any worst my dear grandmother who just turned 97 was diagnosed with colon cancer and was terminal. This morning at around 5:30 am she subcome to the disease. This is a great loss to our family and we must deal with the funeral this week.

Please a little pixie dust and prayers for my aunt and family during our time of loss.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Bless you.

SBETigg
05-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow, that's quite a family history. I hope the rest of you get tested regularly. So sad! I'm very sorry for your loss of your grandma, your dad, and for the health battles of your aunt and brother. Wishing you well and sending :pixie:

WDWFanatic
05-09-2010, 09:24 PM
You sure are having a tough patch. Prayers to your family as you go through all this. I hope your aunt has the same wonderful result as your brother, and you can have some wonderful memories of your lost family members.

Prayers and pixie dust to your family.

Disney4us2
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
:pixie: So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.:pixie:

On a brighter note, I am glad your brother is cancer free now.

betteratmk
05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
:grouphug: So sorry for your loss, hope that the wonderful memories will strengthen you.

Granny Jill A
05-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Prayers to you and your family as you work through these troubled times.

I lost my parents within a 5-month period, and it was difficult to deal with the loss. The good news was, my family was nearby and we supported each other as we dealt with the situation.

God Bless you and your family!

Scar
05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Itchy,

My father's family has a history of colon cancer. I decided it was a must to have a colonoscopy at age 35. My gastroenterologist removed 5 pre-cancerous polops, told me I have to have a colonoscopy every 3-4 years, and I have a 99% chance of never getting colon cancer if I do. I have had two others in the last 10 years, and he removed more polops each time. Please have a colonoscopy if you haven't already.