PDA

View Full Version : I gotta tell somebody! Surprise trip!

Basket Mommy
05-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Just booked 2 BR @ BWV for September 26-29 as a surprise for our 4 kids (12, 9, 7, 6). We're wait listed @ BCV - hoping to get a 2 BR there instead because we love Stormalong Bay.

I am bursting to tell someone, but I can't tell the kids because we want this to be a huge surprise for them. They think we have to wait until January 2011 to go back (our last trip was October 2009). We've decided to just hang by the pool and do one Epcot day on this trip since we're going again in January '11. We just couldn't wait 8 more months to visit the world again!!

Any good ideas for doing a surprise trip? Anything you've done in the past?

How am I going to keep this secret for 139 more days?!? I usually tell the kids as soon as I have a confirmation number. So excited!

faline
05-09-2010, 05:28 PM
How exciting! :mickey:

You might find some ideas here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167589&highlight=surprise).

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Your kids are so lucky! What a great surprise. I'm like you though ... horrible at keeping a Disney secret! Good Luck and enjoy your trip :mickey:

EpcotNut
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
No ideas - just wanted to say good luck trying to keep a lid on that - I know there's NO WAY I could do it. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Wow! Good luck keeping the surprise! :thumbsup:

Jeri Lynn
05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
What a nice surprise for your kids!!

Although I am not sure I could be down there and only spend a day in Epcot...all the parks would be calling my name!!

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
How exciting!! Your kids are going to be so shocked! When you are ready to tell the kids, How about doing a scavenger hunt and at the end they find the confirmation number or plane tickets? I think that would be fun watching them run around finding different clues. some of the questions and answers could be along the lines of: You use this to put clothes in when you pack...(suitcase) keep it age appropriate and the kids will love it.
Have fun!:mickey:

beckylovestink
05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
We are doing the same thing and I am going nuts! I cant tell you how many times I have told strangers where and when just so I could open my mouth.
Let me know if you come up with some good ideas!!!:thumbsup:

luvkatiebug
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
How exciting! I am going to do the same thing. I just booked a quick trip for December and the kids think we aren't going until next summer. We're leaving on the 16th, and their birthday (they have the same birthday) is on the 3rd. I think I may do some surprise present / scavenger hunt for the their birthday. I don't think I can wait until right before we leave! Have a great trip!:mickey:

ibrowse17
05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
How wonderful for you!! Have a great trip:thumbsup: