PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon with ADR's at Jiko and Artist Pointe...what to expect?

jkf12982
05-09-2010, 10:29 AM
We are staying at the WL for our honeymoon in October on the club level. I have made ADR's at Artist Pointe and Jiko's so far, booking both online. When you book ADR's online there is an option that you can select to identify the reservation with a special occasion. For both online ADR's I applied the "Honeymoon" option for both.

It says that when you identify a reservation with an occasion, they will make the visit more memorable.

What can one expect from either of these restaurants when marked as a honeymoon occasion?

I thought about making a call to both restaurants to not only confirm the booking, but also to mention it is our honeymoon, however I could also have the concierge at the WL do the same I suppose....but not sure if the redundancy is necessary!

Any insight as to what we can expect? :cool:

SBETigg
05-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Sometimes they remember to do something, sometimes they don't. You're going to have amazing meals at both places, really good choices. The sorts of things they do? It varies. Sometimes it's a complimentary champagne toast, a special menu or picture, or a special dessert arranged in a breathtaking way on a decorated plate. Sometimes, just good service and a good meal. You just never know.

Keep in mind there are always lots of people celebrating special occasions. Your honeymoon is certainly special, but so are other people celebrating things special to them... lots of special going on at WDW and they do their best to recognize and celebrate each one. But sometimes, the ball gets dropped. The important thing is to just enjoy every moment and take it as it comes.

I wouldn't call ahead. They will get the note from the reservation you made, and you should have been emailed back a confirmation number? Print that out and take it with you. Sometimes you need it. I would remind them when you check in that it's your honeymoon, but probably not necessary to do anything beyond that.

jkf12982
05-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Great response. So many are at the parks celebrating "something", and that's why I didn't want to necessarily call and reconfirm the occasion or make anymore hubbub about it than necessary. I tend to me a little more of an extrovert than she is....and with too much attention, she may be completely overwhelmed...ha!

Complimentary stuff is always fun, but so are keepsakes that we can take with us :)

I am working on all of my other ADR's at the moment, but the two dinner reservations seemed to be the most important to me :)

kakn7294
05-09-2010, 11:20 AM
You may or may not get anything "extra" to celebrate your occasion. Last year for our anniversary at Narcoossee's they offered us either a free dessert or a free glass of champagne. We also got a personalized copy of our menus to keep - had our names and our event printed at the top. At Chef Mickey's they gave us cupcakes with candles in them and at Whispering Canyon, they gave us champagne. However, we've been other times and for other events - birthdays and other anniversary years - and have not received anything. Our resort promised a birthday card and balloons from Mickey and the gang for DD's birthday once - after 2 reminders, they still never showed up. Good thing she didn't know.

Congrats in advance!

lettripp
05-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I agree with the previous posters; sometimes they remember, and sometimes they don't. My fiance and I were celebrating our engagement on our last trip. The hotel (Beach Club) left us chocolate covered strawberries and a card, we got confetti at California Grille and were seated in the wine room (even if this wasn't for our occasion, it was more romantic!), there was a card and lots of hub-bub at 50's prime time, and we closed the trip with free glasses of champagne at Coral Reef. I hope you enjoy your celebration!

jmj18
05-09-2010, 02:19 PM
We just celebrated our 20th in Disney.
It was noted on our reservations but we didn't get anything "extra" or "special".

We didn't mind...since we were in Disney!!!

:mickey:

jenperich
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Well...we've had a couple of different experiences. We celebrated our engagement before there was a "Just Engaged" pin. At Narcoosee's, we got a special dessert.

Then we celebrated our 1st anniversary. We dined at California Grill and we got champagne(at least), and I think we got a dessert. We also got a dessert for breakfast at Kona Cafe. Our waiter at Tony's Town Square - one of the nicest we've EVER had at WDW - had our table all decorated w/Mickey confetti when we got there.

So, with those really special experiences, we also ate at A LOT of other places that didn't acknowledge it at all. So, good luck, and hopefully everyone will celebrate with you!

sleepydog5
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
If you're of a mind to do so, you can also arrange to have something special waiting or delivered that doesn't include depending on the wait staff. For me, that might be a bit over the top, however.

As for the two places you chose, they are a couple of must eat places for me, especially AP. The ambience, food, and service combine to make it such a special place to dine (and, really, Jiko is the same). I do recall one year a member in my party had a birthday, and her dessert came out with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate across the bottom of the plate (I think it was also comped). Good eats!

Goofster
05-10-2010, 02:28 PM
At Artist Pointe, I believe we got glasses of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (which were beautiful). This was back in 2002 for our honeymoon.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding though!