PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's

crltkcagle
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I am reading alot of bad reviews about Ohana's lately. It has always been our favorite place to eat. Now I know when they changed the menu that put alot of people off for the place. But I would like to know why such bad reviews? We will be dining there for the third time in two weeks and I am starting to get a little nervous. :confused:

ThanxForNoticin
05-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I read out here on Intercot a lot, and I still think there are far more good reviews for 'OHana than bad. It's a place we frequent often - each trip we try to get there if we can. They have made some menu changes - the biggest one was dropping their awesome scalloped potatoes awhile back. I'll admit I was not happy they did that, but we still really enjoy the meal a lot. You have absolutely no reason to be nervous - it's an awesome place for food and service. ENJOY!

By the way, there isn't a restaurant at Disney that doesn't get some bad reviews. People seem to want to talk more about an off experience than they do a good one.

SBETigg
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
You hear good and bad, and the bad can be much more vocal. Should you be nervous? No more so than you are to eat anywhere else. You have an equal shot at having a great meal or having a disappointing experience at any given time, at any given place. I would say to go with your instinct and your own past experience more than going by any reviews.

wdw dude
05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I ate there a little more than a week ago and I thought it was excellent. Food was good, service was very attentive. They used to have really good potatoes and I missed them, but overall, it was an excellent meal.

:mickey:

Genie1953
05-09-2010, 12:47 AM
We ate there on April 16 and the food and service were excellent! No complaints here!

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2010, 02:11 AM
I've learned three important things about eating at 'Ohana:

1) Don't take more meat than you can eat at a time. If you take three huge hunks of meat all at once, you'll be overwhelmed...and by the time you get to the third piece of meat, it will be cold. The servers want to give you as much meat as possible at a time, so they won't have to come back as often. If you pace yourself, they will come around with fresh, hot skewers of meat.

2) Order the big drink that comes in the pineapple. It's delicious an makes for great pictures (evidence)!

3) Take pictures with the Tiki Gods near the front of the restaurant. Pose with them...even Dad! You'll be glad later when you get home.

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I haven't eaten there in a couple of years but I've always enjoyed it :tasty:

Ksmith75
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
We were there last Monday night...our last night of our 10 day trip. It was actually really great...we had a table right by the window and could see the castle. The food was really good - I love the dumplings, pork and the steak....and oh yes, the dessert was so wonderful...(and they brought out 2 cupcakes on top of that for my bday and our 4 year anniversary.) It was loud in there, but it didnt bother us...it was a fun atmosphere... We had a great time!

IloveDisney71
05-11-2010, 09:43 PM
We ate there in Feb and loved it. We've eaten there several times in the past. The menu has changed a little over the years but the food has always been consistently good for us. It was our anniversay, in Feb, - they brought us a cupcake to celebrate - it was cute. :party:
The Lapu Lapu is a treat for me during each visit and the bread pudding dessert is yummy!:D We've never been disappointed.

PetefromRI
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
We ate there on Friday night and it was awesome as usual.The meat was actually the best we've had there,very tender and juicy.I made a pig of myself with the shrimp though.We also really really like the potstickers but we've learned to pace ourselves so that we don't have to roll back to the room!

GenieOfPA
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM
O'hanas used to be my favorite restaurant at WDW and we couldn't go down without making a reservation there. On my last trip in january '09, we ate at O'hanas, and I was taken back by the change of menu (i was unaware of the change till the food came around). They used to have sweet and sour shrimp and now it is spicy shrimp. Now i LOVE spicy food, but its still no substitute for the original. Also, they used to have potatoes au gratin that were amazing, but they did away with those too. Even with the changes however, the food was still good, and definitely worth giving a try, especially if u already have reservations. Not my favorite restaurant anymore, but still good. And be sure to try the dumplings! Sooooooo good!

TheDuckRocks
05-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Ate there 2 weeks ago and couldn't have been happier!:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
We haven't been back to 'Ohannas in a couple of years. I have read the various reviews and will not hesitate to return. MY youngest DD and I are really looking forward to it.